Fried Pickle Ranch Dip is everything you love about fried pickles in one creamy addictive dip! Chopped dill pickles mixed with homemade ranch seasoning, fresh garlic and herbs, sour cream, cream cheese and toasted panko breadcrumbs. Serve with your favorite chip to dip with, ice cold drinks and enjoy! Yields about 3 cups and serves 16 (3 tablespoon) servings.
If you have a Costco membership, you’ve probably bought “the dip”.
The giant tub of fried pickle ranch dip, that is. We love fried pickles, so the moment we heard of its existence, I of course rushed out to buy it. And then Pat, Mal and I would stand around the kitchen late at night dipping straight into that giant container, snacking and talking.
And because it’s so ridiculously good I thought I would try and make it myself at home.
What does fried pickle ranch dip taste like?
Heaven. Creamy, ranch-y with little bursts of dill pickles and a subtly toasty “fried” flavor from the pan-toasted panko.
Get your chips ready!
To Make This Fried Pickle Ranch Dip You Will Need:
- japanese style breadcrumbs (panko)
- whipped cream cheese
- sour cream
- dill pickles
- ranch seasoning
- fresh garlic
- dill (fresh)
- chives (fresh)
- onion powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
Add 1/2 cup panko to a dry skillet.
Heat on medium-low, stirring occasionally until golden. Remove off of the heat and set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, measure and add 12 ounces whipped cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup finely chopped dill pickle (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish), 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning, 3 (fairly large) cloves grated fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, 2 teaspoons finely snipped chives, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, pinch or two of kosher salt (to taste) and freshly ground black pepper.
Next, squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
…until thoroughly combined.
Add in most of the toasted panko breadcrumbs, reserving some for garnish.
Give it one last stir to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight so the flavors can develop.
Serve this with a sprinkle of chopped pickle, extra toasted panko and fresh dill and snipped chives.
Serve with potato chips, pretzel thins or fresh veggies!
Or use it as a spread for sandwiches and wraps! SO GOOD!
Enjoy! And if you give this Fried Pickle Ranch Dip recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Fried Pickle Ranch Dip
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup dill pickle, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, (fairly large cloves) freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped, plus some for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely snipped, plus some for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 a lemon), freshly squeezed
- Add panko to a dry skillet and heat on medium-low. Stir occasionally until golden brown. Remove off of the heat and set aside to cool. Reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, measure and add cream cheese, sour cream, pickles, ranch seasoning, garlic, dill, chives, onion powder, salt (to taste) and ground black pepper. Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon and stir well to combine.
- Lastly add in the toasted panko (reserving some for garnish) and mix until incorporated.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight so the flavors can develop.
- Serve in a shallow bowl with a sprinkle of reserved dill pickle, toasted panko and fresh herbs.
- Serve with wavy chips, pretzel thins or veggies. Or use it as a spread for sandwiches and wraps! SO GOOD!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply