Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos – Steak marinated in a cilantro lime marinade and grilled to perfection, stuffed into tacos and topped with all the fixings!
It’s getting warmer out and that means it’s time to dust of the grill and put it to good use.
Whether it’s 70° or 30° outside you need to make these! This marinade for this recipe is as simple as throwing some ingredients into a food processor and then into a bag with a nice sized flank steak to marinate before onto a grill for charred perfection!
To Make These Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos You Will Need:
- flank steak or skirt steak
- a lime
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- red pepper flakes
- ancho-chili pepper
- ground cumin
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Simple spices that pack lots of flavor!
In your mini food processor, add a large handful of cilantro leaves and 1 peeled, smashed garlic clove.
Squeeze in the juice of a whole lime.
Secure the lid and pulse it quickly to get everything roughly chopped.
Add in 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of ancho-chili pepper, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
Measure and add in 2 teaspoon honey. If you don’t happen to have any honey on hand, you can substitute with a little agave or sugar.
Pour in 1/3 cup olive oil.
Replace the lid and process until combined.
Now you can place your flank steak in a gallon size re-sealable bag or shallow dish that has a tight fitting lid.
Next pour the marinade over the steak; seal the bag and massage the bag to evenly coat and cover the flank steak.
Allow the steak to hang out on the counter for 30 minutes, bringing the meat up to room temperature so it’s ready for the grill.
Preheat your grill over medium-high heat or about 500°. When your grill has preheated, lay the steak onto the hot grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 5 minutes. Flip the steak and grill for an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 145°.
Once it has reached your desired doneness; remove from grill onto a cutting board then cover with tin foil. Let it rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing, so the meat can relax and the juices can redistribute.
Slice across the grain and at a slight angle.
A sharp knife can be really helpful here!
Then warm up a few flour tortillas and lay some thinly slice steak in the center.
Lastly, grate up some Monterey Jack cheese, chop some lettuce and prepare some pico de gallo.
Finally, it’s time to dig in!
Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos
- 2 pounds flank steak, or skirt steak
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho-chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 soft flour tortillas
- iceberg lettuce, shredded or sliced
- In a mini food processor; place the cilantro, garlic and lime juice and pulse quickly until chopped.
- Toss the remaining ingredients in with the cilantro/garlic and pulse until combined.
- Marinate flank steak for 30 minutes on the counter top, bringing the meat up to temp before grilling it.
- Preheat your grill to 450-500°.
- Once your grill is preheated, place the steak onto the hot grates. Close the lid and grill for 5 minutes. Flip and repeat for 4 to 6 more minutes or until the internal temp is 145°.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 8 minutes before slicing.
- Heat up some warm soft flour tortillas, layer with thinly sliced strips of the Cilantro-Lime Steak, shredded ice berg lettuce, pico de gallo and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!