This Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich is loaded with all the best breakfast fixings. It begins with a perfectly toasted bakery bagel and mashed avocado and ends with crisp bacon, chive scrambled eggs, melty cheese and peppery arugula. The perfect handheld breakfast. Makes 1 sandwich.
Meet Your New Favorite Breakfast Sandwich.
I make this at least once a week as a late breakfast early lunch and is why I always have cooked bacon on hand. The combination of not only flavors but texture is what makes this so good!
Mashed avocado, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs with chives, melty cheese and peppery arugula sandwiched between a toasted bakery bagel – what’s not to love about that?
To Make This Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich You Will Need:
- bakery-style everything bagel
- cheese (optional)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- snipped fresh chives
Start by cooking 3 to 4 slices of bacon. Typically I use center cut bacon because it tends to be leaner. Once crispy, transfer to a paper towel lined plat to drain.
Meanwhile, mash 1/2 a small avocado. Of course you can do this directly on the bagel.
And toast an everything bagel. I prefer to use bakery-style bagels or even these air fryer everything bagels. In my opinion, bakery bagels are way better and commercial brand named bagels.
Once toasted, swipe the mash avocado on one side and top the other half with a slice of American cheese – or cheese of your preference. I make this with and without cheese and both ways are delicious.
Top the avocado with the crispy cooked bacon.
Beat 1 to 2 eggs using a whisk. I use 2 eggs because I like the extra protein, but that might be too much for some.
Spray a small nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium-low.
Pour in the thoroughly beaten eggs.
Stir until starting to scramble. Then use your spatula to push the edges of the eggs inward, shaping it into a disc – somewhat the same size as the bagel.
Do not flip yet.
The eggs won’t be entirely set yet, so season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and sprinkle with snipped chives. Use a spatula to flip the eggs over. Cook until eggs are set and no longer runny.
Place the chive “scrambled” eggs on top of the bacon.
Top with arugula if desired.
If you want the cheese to be melty you can add it on top of the eggs or pop the sandwich into the microwave.
A delicious classic breakfast sandwich that never disappoints.
This recipe makes one sandwich but can also be shared.
Enjoy! And if you give this Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- 3 slices lean center cut bacon
- 1/2 small avocado, mashed
- 1 everything bagel, bakery-style
- 1 to 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small pinch kosher salt, to taste
- 1 small pinch black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped fresh
- 1 slice white American cheese, optional
- 1 handful baby arugula
- Place the bacon in a cool skillet, heat on medium-low and cook until crispy, turning occasionally. Transfer the crispy bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado and toast your bagel.
- Once the bagel is toasted, spread the mashed avocado on the bottom half and place the cheese (if using) on the top half.
- Wipe out the skillet and lightly spray with olive oil. Heat on low and pour in the beaten eggs. Stir until starting to scramble. Then use your spatula to push the edges of the eggs inward, shaping it into a disc – somewhat the same size as the bagel.
- The eggs won’t be entirely set yet, so season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and sprinkle with snipped chives. Use a spatula to flip the eggs over. Cook until eggs are set and no longer runny. Then place it ontop of the bacon.
- Top with arugula and replace the top of the bagel. Cut in half and enjoy!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Yummm!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will definitely try this.