Cucumber Watermelon Feta Salad is a quick and refreshing salad consisting of cubed juicy watermelon, fresh mint, cool sliced cucumbers, salty feta and pistachios. Serves 6 to 8.
This is the salad of the summer.
With only 6 ingredients, this salad takes well under 15 minutes to make. And although this recipe states that it serves 6, I could easily eat the entire thing. Now if watermelon and cucumbers aren’t your thing, I have plenty of other summer salad recipes that you might be interested in. BUT if you love salty and sweet, refreshing and cooling… this salad is your new favorite.
Make this asap! You won’t regret it.
To Make This Cucumber Watermelon Feta Salad You Will Need:
- watermelon (seedless) – I use pre-cut slabs of watermelon (thank you, Meijer stores) and cut it into cubes.
- english cucumber (seedless) – Peeled or unpeeled is up to you. I personally think it looks fancy partially peeled.
- feta cheese – Adds delicious salty flavor that pairs perfectly with the watermelon and cucumber. If vegan use vegan feta-style cheese.
- pistachios – Lends crunch, nutty flavor and a contrast in color and texture.
- mint (fresh) – I adore mint with pistachios. It gives the salad fresh herbaceous flavor. Don’t like mint? Try basil!
- lime juice – For a touch of acidity and flavor.
In a large mixing bowl, add 2 pounds cubed seedless watermelon, 1 sliced English cucumber (I used a crinkle cutter and linked a similar one in the recipe printable at the end of this post), 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (if vegan use vegan feta-style cheese) and 1/3 cup pistachios that have been chopped.
NOTE: I save a little feta and pistachio for garnishing at the end.
Lastly add in the 1/4 (loosely packed) cup fresh mint leaves. Tear the leaves by hand so it retains freshness and to avoid the leaves turning brown.
Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime.
Gently toss to combine. Separate any cucumber slices that stick together.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with extra mint leaves, feta and chopped pistachios.
Can this Salad be made in advance?
Since this salad is so easy, I would recommend pulling it together right before serving. However, you could prep the ingredients separately the day or morning beforehand and then combine right before serving.
Cucumber Watermelon Feta Salad
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 english cucumber, sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pistachos, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, hand torn
- 1 lime, juiced (freshly squeezed)
- In a large bowl, add watermelon, cucumber, feta, pistachios and mint leaves. Squeeze in the lime juice.Note: I save a little feta and pistachio for garnishing at the end.
- Toss and serve.
Can this Salad be made in advance?Since this salad is so easy, I would recommend pulling it together right before serving. However, you could prep the ingredients separately the day or morning beforehand and then combine right before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!