Super moist, delicious and chocolaty! This chocolate chip banana bread is delicious warm with a cold glass of milk or cup of hot coffee.
I’m totally winning at this back-to-school thing.
That’s sarcasm for “My kids missed the bus because I refused to accept the time printed on the bus postcard”. Why would I when it said the pick up time was going to be 6:25 am instead of 6:50 like it has been, oh for only the the past FOREVER!! It’s fine though, really, I don’t mind spending 45 minutes in the car taking each daughter to their respective school and sit in drop off lines and all that. I really wasn’t looking forward to having the morning curled up on the couch, sipping my coffee and nibbling on a slice of this here chocolate chip banana bread.
Typically I avoid buying bananas in the summer, because it never fails that a few days later we have fruit flies. My girls are all “Please buy bananas! We like them in our smoothies or covered in Nutella!” but once I picked up a bunch they would just end up sitting there on the counter, browning. Meanwhile little gnats that fly around my face, little buggers that I can never seem to catch. And the annoyance only increases if I’m sipping a glass of wine and since that is most nights (wink!), I try avoid buying bananas unless it’s to immediately peel and freeze for smoothies or for roasting and baking with.
Last week I went and broke my no-buying-bananas-in-summer-rule because I wanted to make banana bread, chocolate chip style. But I didn’t want to roast the bananas, so I waited for them to ripen on the counter. Big mistake. Fruit flies. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT Google the life cycle of fruit flies. Just don’t. Instead, just snack on this super moist chocolate chip banana bread. K cool?
To Make This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread You Will Need:
- softened unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- and baking soda
- kosher salt
- ripe bananas
- whole milk
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips or wafers
The batter for the banana bread is pretty easy and comes together quickly in your stand mixer. Add 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of both granulated and also light brown sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer. Cream until smooth and fluffy.
To that add, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 mashed ripe bananas, 1 tablespoon milk. In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until incorporated.
Lastly, add 1 cup dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate wafers or 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
I divided the banana bread batter among two buttered and floured loaf pans and slid into a preheated 325° oven for 30 to 40 minutes. My oven tends to run hot, so I keep and eye on them. The chocolate chip banana bread is done when a toothpick or cake tester comes out with only a few crumbs attached.
Like this golden beauty.
Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before carefully removing each loaf from the pan.
Slice and serve with a tall glass of milk or a steaming cup of coffee or tea. With coffee is how I prefer it, but only when it’s the next day and the chocolate chips have had a time to firm back up. Don’t get me wrong, I still like a warm, gooey slice. But the next day is my favorite.
For More Banana Bread Recipes Click Here!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semis-weet chocolate chips, or wafers
- Generously butter and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans and preheat your oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, whisk to combine. Then in a smaller bowl, combine the 3 bananas, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg by mashing with a fork. Set both bowls off to the side for a moment.
- Next, in the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in one egg at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing on low speed, until incorporated.
- Divide batter among the two prepared pans and slide them into your preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached. Make sure to rotate the pans halfway throughout baking time.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!