Top all your favorite grilled foods with this homemade Chimichurri Sauce! Chimichurri is sauce that has fresh parsley and garlic, spices and olive oil. This non-cooked grilling sauce is perfect for topping grilled steak or burgers, chicken, seafood or vegetables!
Is January too early to start craving summery foods?
To make This Homemade Chimichurri Sauce You Will Need:
parsley leaves (thick stems discarded)
white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
dried oregano (2 tablespoons fresh)
teaspoon red pepper flakes
I’ve been thinking about theses fajitas ever since our trip and I couldn’t wait to eat them gain. Seriously this past Friday it was, no joke, 47 degrees… in January… in Michigan! That’s like… put your shorts on and open the windows kind of weather for us here! So of course I fired up our grill and I didn’t lose my eyebrows doing so! Bonus.
Pick a lot of parsley leaves. And I mean a lot.
It should measure out to be a cup, packed. Really pack it full.
Throw 4 peeled and roughly chopped garlic cloves and the parsley leaves into your food processor.
Add 1/2 cup olive oil.
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar. Red wine vinegar would also do.
Pulse your processor until everything is chopped small.
Remove the blade, and add in 2 teaspoons oregano and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. You can totally use fresh oregano, but the oregano at my grocery store was looking a bit sketchy so I didn’t waste my money.
Add the 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper too.
Scrape the sides with a spatula or spoon or a tortilla chip.
What? It’s delicious! 😉
Pat yourself on the back, because you just made chimichurri sauce!
- 1 cup parsley leaves, thick stems discarded, packed
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, add the chopped garlic and parsley leaves, pulse to chop.
- Next add vinegar, oil and pulse a few times or alternatively add the chopped herbs and garlic to bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Season with the oregano, red pepper flakes, salt a pepper then stir. Serve immediately if using as a sauce.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!