Top all your favorite grilled foods with Homemade Chimichurri! Chimichurri is a no-cook sauce that consists fresh parsley and garlic, spices, vinegar and olive oil. This sauce is perfect for topping grilled steak or burgers, chicken, seafood or vegetables and more! Yields about 1 cup.
Here’s the only Chimichurri you will ever need.
Unless you’re looking for a cilantro chimichurri and well, in that case here’s that recipe.
I’ve become a huge chimichurri fan ever since my trip to North Carolina a few years back (okay, so it was 10 years ago), visiting my sister and her family. At the time, spring in NC was a comfortable and perfect 70°, so one night my sister and brother-in-law grilled us up the most incredible Chimichurri steak fajitas. The fresh herbaceous Chimichurri with the char on the steak is absolutely incredible. *chefs kiss*
Needless to say, usually whenever I whip up a batch of Chimichurri we plan on grilling steak fajitas too.
To make This Homemade Chimichurri Sauce You Will Need:
- parsley leaves (thick tough stems discarded)
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano (2 tablespoons fresh)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a mini food processor add 4 peeled and roughly chopped garlic cloves, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar.
Next add in the leaves and tender stems (discard any thick or tough stems) of 1 bunch of parsley. About 1 generous cup.
Pour in 1/2 cup of avocado or olive oil.
Pulse your processor until everything is chopped small.
Next add in 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon black. You can totally use fresh oregano (you’ll need 2 tablespoons), I usually do in the summer when I have it in my garden.
Scrape the sides with a spatula and pulse one last time.
Bright, fresh and tangy with a smidgen of heat from the chili flakes.
Ways to Use Chimichurri:
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup parsley leaves, thick stems discarded, packed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- KitchenAid Cordless 5 cup Food Chopper" class="wprm-recipe-equipment-link" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">KitchenAid Cordless 5-cup Food Chopper
- In a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, add the chopped garlic, vinegar and salt. Pulse to finely chop the garlic.
- Next add parsley and oil. Pulse a few times until finely chopped.
- Measure and add in the oregano, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Pulse to combine.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!