This Sunday, your game day party needs this deliciously cheesy chicken dip.
My sisters and I used to (still do?) call it Easy Breezy Chicken Cheesy (dip). True story. My sister Christine was the person responsible for introducing it to our family by bringing it to a holiday gathering years ago. We demolished it in 3.2 seconds flat. It’s that good. To my knowledge back then this dip didn’t a name so I think it was me that came up with that stunner of a title. Go me.
This is my updated version of that recipe. Now we say so long to canned chunked chicken that smells like tuna fish (cringe) and bagged Mexican cheese blend and hello-lovah to chopped, seasoned and grilled chicken breast, freshly grated cheeses and the addition to green onions and cilantro.
Bust out your tortilla chips, because it’s about to get all cheesy up in here.
As you can clearly see, this isn’t the lightest of dips. There’s cheese, cheese and mayo. Grilled chicken for a little protein, but mostly cheese. This dip isn’t something I make for myself on a Wednesday afternoon, I only make this when we have company.
Start by throwing some softened cream cheese into a bowl.
Add in a cup of mayo and a tablespoon of cornstarch. The cornstarch will help so the cheese doesn’t separate and get all oily. As far as all the mayo? As I added it to the bowl I actually thought about substituting half with Greek yogurt but didn’t have any on hand. If you try it, puh-lease let me know how it turns out.
Next in goes the cheese! 2 cups of grated chihuahua cheese (which is roughly one 8-ounce package) and 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese.
Mix those together well.
Add in a chopped chicken breast. I used my most favorite grilled chicken recipe in all the land and then chopped it into smaller pieces after its been grilled.
Add in 1 (4.5-ounce) can of chopped green chiles…
… and 3 sliced green onions.
Switch over to a spatula and mix together.
Spread all that cheesy, chicken-y goodness into a baking dish. There isn’t a measurement on the back but I think this is 8 x 11 dish.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Those ^^^ brown edges are my absolute favorite thing!
Sprinkle with lots of fresh chopped cilantro…
…and serve with a spoon and lots of tortilla chips.
Oh yessssss! #cheesestrings
My cookbook Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy is now available! CLICK HERE for details and THANK YOU in advance!
Cheesy Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise, homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups grated chihuahua cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1½ cups chopped grilled chicken, about 1 breast
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 3 green onions, sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo and cornstarch. Add in the cheeses, chopped chicken, chiles and green onions and mix thoroughly.
- Pour chicken and cheese mixture into an 8x11 baking dish and spread in an even layer. Slide into your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove allow to cool slightly before sprinkling with chopped cilantro and digging in with tortilla chips.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!