These brown sugar molasses cookies have a crisp exterior, chewy interior and spiced to perfection!
One last cookie recipe.
I know you’re probably in the throws of flour and unsalted butter, but what’s one more batch of cookies? Because molasses cookies are the best. And because molasses cookies remind me of my childhood.
My mom would make molasses cookies always and then drizzle green-tinted vanilla glaze. Sometimes I do that, but today I rolled them in extra coarse sugar so they sparkle.
So I took my mom’s recipe and turned them into chewy brown sugar molasses cookie, by upping the butter and substituting a little brown sugar into the mix.
Seriously, these are killer.
First whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and ground clove.
Then in a separate, larger bowl, combine both sugars, melted (cooled) butter…
… and molasses…
Then simply whisk until combined.
Next, add in the egg and whisk that in until just incorporated.
Then add in all the dry ingredients…
…and switch over to a spatula and mix until combined.
Then cover and chill in your fridge for 1 hour.
Then use a small scoop to measure out the cookie dough and roll in to balls and place on a silpat [affiliate] or parchment lined baking sheet.
Roll in sugar; granulated, turbinado or sparkling. They all will do!
I could seriously eat these as is.
But instead I bake them at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Crisp, sugary exterior… chewy, molasses-y center. I’m confident that you will love them. 🙂
For More cookie recipes click here!
Enjoy! And if you give this Molasses Cookies recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Brown Sugar Molasses Cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and clove, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, both sugars, molasses and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and use a rubber spatula to mix until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a rimmed baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Use a small scoop (about 1 to 2 tablespoons) to measure cookie dough and then roll into balls. Roll in sugar and bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack and repeating with remaining dough.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply