Broccoli, Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche is delicious and so simple to throw together. Fresh broccoli sautés with onion, mushroom, garlic and is mixed into beaten eggs with Swiss cheese and ham. Serves 6 in 1 hour.
This Easter I plan to brunch. The girls are older so sleeping in is definitely a must, which also means a late and lazy breakfast is on the menu. In the past, I’ve usually made biscuits and gravy, but this year I’m making a quiche. Because with quiche you get SIDES and I love side dishes with breakfast.
On the menu is this broccoli, ham and swiss quiche, breakfast potatoes and a simple arugula salad. Is this not the brunch of your dreams? It’s also extremely simple and easy to pull together.
To Make This Broccoli Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche You Will Need:
- small broccoli florets
- diced yellow onion
- sliced mushrooms
- a clove garlic
- fresh thyme
- Swiss cheese
- cooked ham
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Start by adding a teaspoon of light olive oil to a 10-inch skillet and heat on medium to medium-low. To the pan, add in 2 cups of broccoli florets, 1 cup diced onion and a pinch of kosher salt. Stir and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until the veggies have softened.
In the pan with the broccoli and onions, add in 1 cup of sliced mushrooms along with a small pinch of salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
To the mixture, add the minced garlic clove and teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, stir and cook 1 minute. Because the mixture will be hot, you risk scrambling the eggs when you add them. With that said, it’s best to remove the skillet off of the heat and allow the mixture to cool a bit.
Crack 6 large eggs into a mixing bowl. Then using a whisk, beat them until thick and frothy. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste or about a pinch or two of both.
Try not to over season as the ham and cheese tend to be salty.
Add in 1 cup diced cooked ham and 2 cups grated Swiss cheese.
Once the broccoli mushroom mixture has cooled a bit and is no long hot (but a little warm is fine) add it into the bowl with the eggs, ham and cheese. Use a rubber spatula and mix to combine.
Pour the quiche mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish and then bake the whole thing in your preheated oven for 40 minutes. Rotate the dish halfway through baking. Doing this will ensure even baking and perfect browning.
Why hello, gorgeous quiche!
Finally, slice this gorgeous quiche (I know, it’s almost too pretty to cut into!) and then serve it with breakfast potatoes and a fresh arugula salad!
Besides smelling amazing, I can’t wait until you taste this. Ham and Swiss is a known classic flavor profile but it’s a delicious one and then throw in broccoli?! SO GOOD. The subtle garlic and thyme gives this breakfast a homey quality and is utterly scrumptious.
Broccoli Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche
- olive oil
- 2 cup broccoli florets, diced small
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (I used cremini)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated fresh
- 1 cup ham, diced
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat your oven to 350° and spray a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil, onions and broccoli with a pinch of kosher salt to a 10-inch skillet and heat on medium to medium-low. Stir and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms, break up any larger pieces and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Next add the garlic and thyme, stir and cook 1 minute. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Add in cheese and ham and use a rubber spatula to stir and combine.
- Once the broccoli mixture has cooled (can be warm, just not hot) add it to the egg mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and slide onto the middle rack of your oven to bake for 40 minutes or until set. Rotate the dish halfway through baking. Doing this will ensure even baking and browning.
- Allow the baked quiche to rest for at least two 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!