Enjoy a Boozy Shamrock Shake this St. Patrick’s Day! In this spiked milkshake, peppermint schnapps and Irish whiskey are blended with vanilla ice cream, served with a swirl of whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top! Recipe yields 2 to 4.
I haven’t had a shamrock shake in years.
It used to be that every March I would run through the drive-through the moment they arrived on the menu at McDonalds. As a mint chocolate chip ice cream lover, their milkshake was everything to me. Until it wasn’t. I don’t know if I just got older or if they changed their recipe, but one day I just stopped ordering it. It tasted just kind of meh to me.
Something I’ve learned a long time ago is that homemade usually always tastes better than pre-made anything. And this boozy shamrock shake is no different. A handful of ingredients and 5 minutes is all you need.
To Make A Boozy Shamrock Shake You Will Need:
- peppermint schnapps
- irish whiskey
- heavy cream or whole milk
- green food coloring
- peppermint extract
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream – for serving
- maraschino cherries – for serving
- gold sprinkles – for serving
Into your blender add 2 ounces peppermint schnapps.
And 2 and 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey.
Pour in 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk.
1 teaspoon green food coloring. Here you can either use store-bought or make your own. Colors may vary with natural food coloring.
And a splash of peppermint extract.
Add in 4 cups of full fat vanilla ice cream
Secure the lid and blend until thick and creamy.
Cool, pepperminty and only with the slightest (and I mean slightest) hint of alcohol. It literally tastes just like an old school favorite from a certain fast food joint. But way, way better.
Looking for a non-alcoholic shamrock shake recipe?
This non-boozy shamrock shake is incredible but if you want a milkshake with a little something extra, this is it.
Sip and enjoy! And always drink responsibly.
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- 2½ ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 splash peppermint extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, see notes
- whipped cream, for serving
- gold sprinkles, for garnish
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In your blender add; schnapps, whiskey, cream, food coloring, a splash of peppermint extract and vanilla ice cream.
- Secure the lid and blend until thick, creamy and smooth.
- Divide among glasses, top with whipped cream, sprikles and a cherry.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!