BLT’s are delicious, but this BLT Club Sandwich is pretty darn amazing. Crispy bacon, thinly sliced oven-roasted turkey breast topped with all the fixings, gets griddled until the bread is crisp and golden.
Bacon + Tomato + Lettuce = BLT
BLT + Turkey + Mayo + Red Onion + Cheese = A BLT Club Sandwich.
It’s pretty simple and delicious math.
When I was a kid it was more of a BL sandwich, as I didn’t care so much for tomatoes. Now I load it up with whatever fresh veggies I can lay my hands on, the thicker the sandwich the better!
For this sammie I like to use some kind of bakery bread or sourdough. Oh and sure you could toast it like those do at delis and diners, but why not griddle it? Griddling the bread gives it that golden, crispy edge, yet it won’t tear up the inside of your mouth and leave your gums raw! I totally hate that!
So whether it’s lunch or dinner this this sandwich isn’t complete without a crisp, juicy dill pickle and some salty potato chips and washed down with an iced cold lemonade.
This is my kind of meal. Quick… Easy… Classic.
To Make These BLT Club Sandwich You Will Need:
The goods. You’re also gonna need some butter and mayo. And a griddle. 🙂
Grab two slices of bread and open them like a book so they will match back up when you make your sandwich.
Schmear both sides with some mayo, if mayo is your thing. Go as heavy or as light with it as you like. I’m a light schmear-er… Pat likes a heavy schmear.
Put the slices back together and butter both of the outer sides with a thin layer of butter.
Open them back up and lay the outer, buttered sides, down on the hot griddle.
Now comes the fun part…
Top one of the slices with cheese and as much bacon as your heart desires.
Top with a couple slices of turkey. If you have fresh turkey left over, use that… oh my heavens!
Then place the other griddled half on top of all the half with all the fixins.
Ever wonder what it looks like in my kitchen while I blog? Organized chaos. That’s the best way to explain it – all laid out on my kitchen table! Where did we eat our sandwiches?
Not at the kitchen table, that’s for sure!
It’s good. It’s real good.
Such a classic sandwich… and such a delicious bite… without the painful gums.
The BLT Club Sandwich
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices deli turkey lunch meat
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 pieces lettuce
- red onion, thinly sliced
- mayo, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, for buttering bread
- Heat a large griddle to 375°.
- Remove two slices of bread and open like a book. Smear the inside of the bread with mayonnaise and close back up.
- Butter the outside of the slices with butter and place butter-side down onto griddle. On one slice place a slice of cheese, a few pieces of cooked bacon, and two pieces of turkey. Top with two slices of tomato, some red onion and a piece of lettuce.
- Let it sit on the griddle until the bottom and top sides are golden and crispy. Place the one griddled slice of bread on top of the sandwich, cut in half and serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!