Black Magic Sangria is a dark, moody and bold alcoholic beverage. Sliced black plums, blackberries and grapes soak in dark red wine that’s combined with vanilla brandy and sweetened with a brown sugar simple syrup.
What’s dark, fruity and the perfect Halloween adult beverage?
You guessed it, sangria. This jammy wine cocktail has hints of black plum and blackberry, is spiked with vanilla brandy and sweetened with a brown sugar simple syrup. An incredible combination of flavors.
To Make This Black Magic Sangria You Will Need:
- black plums
- rambutans (optional)
- concord grapes
- black grapes
- dark red wine
- pomegranate blackberry juice
- vanilla brandy
- brown sugar simple syrup
Pick up a bottle of dark red wine. Apothic Dark if at all possible. This is not a sponsored post, but one day the gothic label caught my attention and so naturally I read the back label. It reads that it has notes of plum, blueberry and blackberry with hints of coffee and chocolate. So you can totally understand why I was inspired to create a sangria from this wine.
How do you Make The Brown Sugar Simple Syrup?
In a small saucepan add; 1 cup dark brown sugar and 1 cup water. Heat over medium-low, whisking until the sugar has completely dissolved. Once dissolved, remove the syrup off of the heat, let cool and refrigerated for up to 2 months.
A day in advance, start by adding 4 sliced plums, 4 rambutans – outer skin removed and flesh cut away from the pit (this fruit is optional), 1 cup halved black berries, 1/2 cup each halved black, concord grapes and blueberries into a large pitcher.
Pour in the entire bottle of wine.
Then measure and pour in 3/4 pomegranate blackberry juice, 1/2 cup vanilla brandy and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar simple syrup.
Stir to combine. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Gah! That color!
Pour into glasses, with out without adding the wine soaked fruit, and serve.
Goes best with good chocolate and great friends.
Click here for more cocktail recipes!
click here if you’re looking for more Halloween recipes!
Black Magic Sangria
- 4 black plums, halved, pitted and cut into eighths
- 4 rambutans (optional), outer skin removed and sliced around the pit
- 1 cup blackberries, halved before measuring
- 1/2 cup concord grapes, halved before measuring
- 1/2 cup black grapes, halved before measuring
- 1/2 cup blueberries, halved before measuring
- 1 bottle dark red wine, I use Apothic Dark
- 3/4 cup blackberry pomegranate juice, I use Good Belly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar simple syrup, see notes for instructions
- 1/2 cup vanilla brandy
- large glass pitcher
- In a large pitcher add sliced plums and rambutan with halved blackberries, grapes and blueberries.
- Pour in dark red wine, juice, simple syrup and vanilla brandy.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Pour into glasese (with or without adding fruit) and serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!