These classic beergaritas are a mash up of Mexican pale lager and a margarita. Enjoy on game day or Cinco de Mayo! This recipe yields about 6 or so beergaritas.
Super Bowl is this Sunday and I want to know what are you drinking/snacking on?!
I’m making chili – which apparently “I always make chili on Super Bowl” which is not true because last year I made chili… dogs… oh wait, okay maybe I do make chili every year. Oh well, either way I will be ending the day with an adult beverage, that’s for sure.
Did you know Corona sells small 7 ounce bottles of beer called Coronita? THEY DO! And they just so happen to be the perfect for sticking in a margarita – err I mean beergarita. That’s right, BEERgarita! The perfect blend of sweet, salty, tart and malty. Although a little awkward to handle, this bevy is light and refreshing.
Now it can be Super Bowl Sunday, Cinco de Mayo or just some rando Tuesday but this impressive drinks should be made asap.
To Make These Classic Beergaritas You Will Need:
- lime simple syrup
- lime juice
- silver tequila
- grand marnier
- Coronitas – 6 small (7 ounce) corona bottles
- margarita salt
- lime wedges for serving
First things first: the lime simple syrup. To make the lime simply syrup add 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water into a sauce pan. Bring to a low boil, whisking until the sugar dissolves. When the sugar has dissolved, add 10 strips of lime rind and let cool completely. Strain out the lime rind and chill until ready to use
Next, squeeze enough limes to get 1-1/1 cups of lime juice and strain of any pulp. For me it was 8 large limes.
In a glass pitcher, add 1-1/2 cups lime juice, 3/4 cup silver tequila, 1/4 cup grand mariner and 6 tablespoons of the lime simple syrup. Save syrup and refrigerate up to 3 to 4 weeks.
Stir the margarita well to combine.
Add a couple tablespoons of margarita salt to a plate.
Run a lime around the edge of a glass and dip the lip of the glass in the salt.
Repeat with remaining glasses.
Add ice to the glass and fill 2/3 of the way full. You want to leave room for when you add the beer/bottle which will make the drink level rise.
It’s definitely important to make sure your margarita glasses have a significant divot in the middle. This will help anchor the bottle better.
NOTE: these glasses are a bit tippy or wobbly once the bottle is in there so take caution when sipping.
Remove the bottle cap before quickly tipping into the glass, making sure the bottle mouth reaches the divot. Lastly, garnish with a wedge of lime and sip and repeat.
Tips for Making The Best Beergaritas:
Make sure your margarita glasses have a deep divot in the middle. This helps keep the small Coronita in place.
Use Coronita! They are 7 ounce coronas that when the glass is filled, won’t be as top heavy as a 12 ounce bottle. Then just top off your glass as you sip.
For More Beverage Recipes Click Here!
FOR THE LIME SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 strips lime peel
FOR THE BEERGARITAS:
- 1½ cups fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup grand marnier
- 6 tablespoons lime simple syrup, or to taste
- lime wedges
- margarita salt
- 6 (7 ounce) bottles Coronitas, (small Corona bottles)
FOR A BEERGARITA SINGLE:
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 to 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces corona beer
- 1/2 ounce grand marnier
- 1 ounce lime simple syrup
FOR THE LIME SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in sugar, reduce and stir unitl sugar dissolves. Drop in the lime peels and remove off of the heat to steep for about 1 hour. Remove peel and chill syrup until ready to use.
FOR THE PITCHER BEERGARITAS:
- In a pitcher, add lime juice, tequila, gran marnier and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Run a lime around the rim of your margarita glasses and dip the edge into margarita salt.
- Add ice to glasses and fill 2/3 of the way with the margarita mix. Remove the cap from the small 7 ounce bottles and quickly invert it into the divot in the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime. These drinks are a bit tippy or wobbly one the bottles are in the glass, so take caution while sipping.
- As always, please drink responisably.
!FOR A BEERGARITA SINGLE:
- Measure and add to a large glass filled with ice. Stir to combine
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!