This BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad has it all! A blend of romaine, kale and Napa cabbage along with bacon, onions, toasted almonds, raisins and carrots are tossed in a bbq ranch dressing. Serves 8 to 10.
My favorite thing about eating a salad is when I get to the bottom of the bowl and there’s very little lettuce left but all the topping are clustered up and coated in the dressing. That is why I made this salad. All my favorite salad toppers in one crunchy healthy salad.
It’s the kind of salad you can bring to a friends house for a barbecue. Or, take to a company potluck. You can even meal prep this bbq ranch chopped salad, leaving the dressing off to the side and maybe adding a little grilled chicken to bulk it up a bit.
Basically it’s the perfect salad.
The dressing is TWO ingredients so it makes this 10 ingredient salad manageable. 😉
In it, chopped kale, romaine and Napa cabbage along with a plethora of toppings like julienned carrots, raisins and white cheddar are dressed in a simple bbq ranch dressing you will no doubt love.
Here is what you will need to make this BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad:
- cooked bacon
- romaine lettuce
- lacinato kale
- Napa cabbage
- shredded carrots
- red onion
- toasted sliced almonds
- raisins or dried cranberries
- green onions
- sharp white cheddar cheese
- ranch dressing – I used my greek yogurt ranch
- bbq sauce -use your favorite
The dressing is SO ridiculously easy and it tastes bonkers good.
Start by measuring 3/4 cup of greek yogurt ranch dressing (homemade or store bought) and then measure and add in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons bbq sauce.
Whisk to combine and pop into your fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped medium head romaine, 1 bunch lacinato kale and 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage.
Then add in 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 cup red onion, 3 green onion sliced, 6 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped, 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds, 1/3 cup raisins (or dried cranberries) and 3 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese diced into cubes.
Toss to combine.
Drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
And then toss one last time.
I love this salad!!! Seriously. This bbq ranch chopped salad has so much going on! Lots of texture, crunchy toppings and delicious flavor!
Because it makes 10 cups (!!!) this salad is perfect for picnics or parties!
Click Here For More Salad Recipes !
Enjoy! And if you give this BBQ Ranch Chop Salad a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced toasted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing, I used my greek ranch recipe
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the ranch dressing and bbq sauce.
- In a cold nonstick skillet, add the slices of bacon and heat on medium cooking until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain. Then chop.
- Rinse and spin dry the romaine, kale and cabbage and then place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the carrots, cheese, red onion, almonds, raisins and green onions. Toss to combine.
- Next add in desired amount of dressing, tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
This is one of the most beautiful looking salads i have seen in a while. Can’t wait to try it out today.
I hope you enjoyed it, Melanie!
I cannot wait to try this out with my kids. They look at their BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad.