Wake up to breakfast already made with Banana Macadamia Nut Overnight Oats! Thick cut oats soak with milk, vanilla and cardamom overnight and then are topped with sliced banana, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. A healthy, wholesome and quick breakfast. This recipe serves 1.
Need a simple breakfast that’s also delicious, healthy and filling? I’ve got you.
Lately, I’ve been on quite the oatmeal kick. Topping with different types of fresh fruit or berries, nuts and always drizzling something sweet over top – like maple syrup, honey or brown sugar. Recently, I’ve been obsessed with this banana macadamia and toasted coconut number. So much in fact that I had to stop what I was doing and share it here.
While I prefer stovetop oatmeal, overnight oats are SO much easier and plus, less dishes to wash.
To Make Banana Macadamia Nut Overnight Oats You Will Need:
- milk (of your choice – I use unsweetened vanilla milkadamia)
- old fashioned oats
- fine salt
- dry roasted macadamia nuts
- toasted coconut
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- maple syrup
In a bowl or large liquid measuring cup, measure and add in 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (I prefer using thick cut for overnight oats), pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom. To that, pour in 3/4 cup milk of your choice. I’ve been loving milkadamia (not sponsored) and use their unsweetened vanilla.
Lastly, add a splash of vanilla extract.
Stir to combine.
Pour into a glass jar or a container with a tight fitting lid.
Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning your oats will be tender from absorbing some of the milk. You can add your toppings right into the jar or empty the jar into a bowl. Enjoy these overnight oats cold or heat until warm.
I prefer my oatmeal warm, so I add the overnight oats to a bowl, heat it up and then add half a sliced banana, 1 tablespoon each toasted coconut and chopped dry-roasted macadamia nuts. Then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds, 1/4 teaspoon chia and drizzle the whole thing with a teaspoon of maple syrup.
I absolutely love texture in my oatmeal, and this recipe doesn’t disappoint.
The crunchy macadamia and toasted coconut with the banana and maple syrup? Out of this world.
Banana Macadamia Nut Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, I use Bob's Red Mill gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk , or milk of your choice, I used unsweetened vanilla Milkadamia brand
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, dry-roasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- In a bowl or large liquid measuring cup, add oats, cardamom, salt, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a jar or container with tight fitting lid and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, enjoy cold or reheat, topping with sliced banana, chopped macadamia nuts, toasted coconut, chia and hemp seeds and drizzle with maple syrup.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!