Cozy and delicious, this Apple Chai Oatmeal is a warm fall hug in a bowl. Warmly chai spiced oatmeal is cooked with almond toasted coconut milk (or milk of your choice) and topped with applesauce, maple syrup and chopped pecans.
Mornings have gotten chillier and chillier. And I love it. Once I wave goodbye to my girls goodbye as Haileigh drives to school, I
skip go inside and make a cup of coffee, watch Today and then make breakfast a little while thereafter. I usually alternate between veggie/spinach scramble and oatmeal. Normally when I make oatmeal, I just make regular old oatmeal and top it with cinnamon and a little brown sugar or maple syrup. After reorganizing my spice cupboard and I found my homemade chai spice and a light went off.
So I heated up almond coconut milk with chai spice and simmer it until thick. I topped my bowl with homemade applesauce (a recipe I’ll share soon, I promise!) and maple syrup. And not just any maple syrup, real maple syrup. Bonus points if you get the bourbon barrel stuff. AMAZING.
Warm chai spiced oatmeal naturally sweetened with homemade applesauce and maple syrup. The best fall flavors!!
To Make This Apple Chai Oatmeal You Will Need:
- almond toasted coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- homemade chai spice
- kosher salt
- old fashioned rolled oats
- ghee or butter
- maple syrup
Start by pouring 3-1/2 cups milk of your choice or water even, into a sauce pan.
Measure and add in 1-1/2 teaspoons chai spice and a pinch of salt to the milk.
Stir, and heat on high while stirring ofter until the milk begins to boil.
Then reduce the heat to medium-high heat and stir in 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats.
Continue to stir while the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
Keep in mind that the oatmeal will thicken even after you remove it off of the heat.
Next add in 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee.
Stir until melted throughout.
Spoon the oatmeal into two bowls and spoon on a little applesauce, drizzle with maple syrup and top with chopped pecans.
Enjoy! And if you give this Apple Chai Oatmeal recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Apple Chai Oatmeal
- 3½ cups almond milk, like toasted coconut or milk of your choice
- 1½ teaspoons chai spice
- 1 pinch kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ghee, or butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened or naturally sweetened applesauce
- In a medium saucepan add the milk, chai spice and salt. Heat over high until, stirring constantly. Just when the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium-high and stir in the oatmeal.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the oatmeal thickens. Remove off of the heat and stir in the ghee or butter.
- Spoon the oatmeal into bowls and add top with the applesauce, a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped pecans.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply