This Air Fryer Salmon recipe is a simple and delicious way to quickly cook tender, flaky and flavorful salmon. Serve it as is, in a rice bowl or over a salad. This recipe yields 2 servings.
Stop over-cooking your salmon in the oven!
Making salmon in the air fryer is quick, easy and delicious. I no longer make it any other way.
Simply brush with a light oil. I either use avocado, extra light olive oil or toasted sesame – depending on what I’m making. Then season with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. You of course can add other spices or use different seasoning blends if you wish! Once air fried, the salmon has deliciously crisp edges and is flakey and tender.
To Make This Air Fryer Salmon You Will Need:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Pat dry 1 (12 ounce) salmon filet with paper towel.
Brush the top and sides of the salmon.
Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat your air fryer to 390°.
What Is Air Frying?
- An air fryer is a counter top appliance that requires less oil (anything from a few spritz to 1 tablespoon) yet produces crispy food that rivals most deep fried foods. By using circulating hot air, it moves at a high speed so the food tends to cook in a fraction of the time.
- There are a bunch of different makes and models of air fryers. My husband did the research (as he’s known to do) and found this air fryer [affiliate] to be one of the best. But do your research and purchase one that fits your lifestyle.
How is Air Frying Healthier?
- Air frying is healthier because only a thin layer of oil coats the food and when the hot air comes in contact it will crisp. Saving you a ton of fat and calories (without sacrificing any flavor!) because food is not being submerged in a vat of hot oil.
- Keep in mind, not all air fryers are equal. Some preheat and some do not. Some are smaller than others therefore you may need to work in smaller batches to air fry.
For more Air Fryer recipes, click here for my growing collection.
Once preheated, transfer the parchment to the air fryer insert or basket. Cook for 9 minutes.
Let rest for 1 minute before serving.
Serve as is with your favorite sides or use in a rice bowl or top your favorite salad.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 12 ounce salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, toasted sesame oil or extra light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 390° or 400°.
- Place salmon on parchment paper specifically meant for the air fryer. NEVER preheat your air fryer with only parchment paper in the basket
- Brush the salmon with oil and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 9 minutes.
- Let rest 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!