These Air Fryer Avocado Fries are addictively delicious! Avocado wedges are dredge and coated in seasoned panko before being air fried until golden and crispy. Serve with a equally incredible homemade southwest ranch for dipping! Yields 24 avocado fries and will serve 6.
If you haven’t had avocado fries before let this be a sign that you need to change that immediately.
Because they are excellent.
I first had avocado fries in 2016 at a blogging retreat in Utah. A bunch of us food bloggers went to an incredible dinner with many courses and one of the appetizers was an artfully styled plate of avocado fries. If I recall, there were a few options for dipping but it was about 6 years ago and can’t say for certain. However, I’ve been thinking about them ever since.
Avocado fries are amazing! Soft, buttery interior with a delightful crispy exterior and even more incredible if dipped in southwest ranch!
To Make These Avocado Fries You Will Need:
- eggs – Acts as a sticky glue for the flour and breadcrumbs.
- unbleached all-purpose flour – Seals in the moisture when air frying.
- panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) – Is the exterior coating, giving texture and flavor. Use homemade or store-bought.
- garlic powder – Adds flavor that’s sweeter yet milder than fresh garlic.
- fine salt – Enhances the flavors of the breadcrumbs.
- paprika – Adds color and subtle flavor.
- avocados – Choose ripe, slightly firm and not overly soft avocados.
- southwest ranch – Great for dipping!
Prep the breading ingredients:
Crack two eggs into a shallow bowl.
Grab a whisk or fork and beat well until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, measure and add 1/3 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour.
And lastly, in a third shallow bowl, measure and add 1 cup panko with 1/2 teaspoon both garlic powder and fine salt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
Cut 3 medium to small avocados into eighths and remove the skin and set up your breading station.
Workin in batches, dip a few avocados (on all sides) in the egg.
Then in the flour.
Coating on all sides.
Dip in the egg again.
Lastly, dipping in the seasoned bread crumbs.
Transfer to a large platter or a lined rimmed baking sheet and repeat with the remaining avocado wedges.
Air Fry the Avocado Fries:
Preheat your air fryer to 400°.
Air fry for 3 to 4 minute or until golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining avocados.
How to Serve Avocado Fries:
Serve on a platter next to homemade southwest ranch or tuck into warm corn shells with thinly shredded cabbage, pico de Gallo and either drizzle with southwest ranch or sauce of your choice for incredible vegetarian tacos.
How To Store Avocado Fries:
Air Fryer Avocado Fries are best if enjoy day of. As they could oxidize and change color over time.
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Set out 3 shallow bowls.
- In bowl 1: measure and add flour.In bowl 2: crack in eggs and whisk well.In bowl 3: combine panko, garlic powder, salt and paprika.
- Cut each avocado in half, remove the pit and then slice each one into into 8 wedges. Then peel the outer skin off of each wedge.
- Work in batches dipping avocado wedges into egg, then flour, egg again and lastly into the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Arrange half (more or less depending on the size of your air fryer) of the coated avocados on a parchment lined air fryer tray or insert. Make sure the parchment paper is made for air frying and NEVER preheat your air fryer with only the parchment in it.
- Air fry for 3 to 4 minute or until golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining avocados.
- Serve with southwest ranch.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!