You guys, slow cooker steak fajitas! 5 simple ingredients, tossed into a slow cooker and cooked low and slow until perfection. Serves 6 to 8 depending.
Yes, making fajitas in a slow cooker is a thing and to be honest, I was a little skeptical at first. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but I had to try it out because as the weather starts to dip into the 5o’s and even in lower when w-w-winter rolls around, the thought of fajitas via not leaving the comfort and coziness of my kitchen, and let’s be real, while wearing pajamas is so very appealing.
So I did it. I loaded up my slow cooker with 5 EASY ingredients and set the heat to low and tried real hard to forget it. It was difficult because as the day went on and the aroma started circulating throughout my home, I was anxious to wrap those beef, onions and peppers in warm, soft tortillas and shovel them into my face.
To Make This 5-ingredient Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas You Will Need:
- london broil – I purchased 2-1/2 pounds and sliced it into 1-1/2 inch strips
- white onion
- red and green bell pepper
- salsa – I used this salsa recipe, but this one would work just as well and I always, always have homemade
- fajita seasoning – Use homemade or store-bought.
First I poured 2 cups of salsa into my slow cooker.
Then I added in the beef and vegetables.
Sprinkled in the fajita seasoning…
…and tossed to combine.
Cover, set on low and let the slow cooker do its thing.
5 to 6 hours later, dinner was done.
So I warmed up tortillas and stuffed them full of steak, onions and peppers THEN I topped them with guacamole, sour cream and some cilantro.
Boom slow cooker steak fajitas.
Serve with a side of beer. 😉
5-ingredient Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Place salsa in the bottom of your slow cooker, then add in the steak, peppers, onions and fajita seasoning.
- Stir to combine, set heat to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- For firmer vegetables, add them in the last 30 to 60 minutes of cooking.
- Serve steak and peppers on warm, soft tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- sliced jalapeños
- shredded cheese
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!