Grilled Corn Salsa

Grilled corn salsa; Quick and easy! Grilled corn is teamed up with sweet bell peppers, spicy pickled jalapenos and lime juice and cilantro.

Quick and easy is what I’m all about this week.

After a long weekend in Austin, Texas {whoot-whoot!} for a BlogHer conference, I’m not in the mood to really cook and I’m definitely not in the mood to do dishes. Who would be after a weekend of being served amazing food, free drinks and so many social gatherings that don’t end in a sink full of dirty dishes… hey a girl could get use to it, I’m just sayin.

Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa l www.SimplyScratch.com

I’ll recap my BlogHer trip to Austin in a few as I’m finishing up the post, but first I want to share with you this salsa I just so happened to whip up. I honestly only had a few things in the fridge and freezer… and lucky for me Pat picked up fresh corn at the store so it all came together for an amazing dinner and plus it gave me an excuse to use these homemade jalapenos. I know right.

pickled perfection

If you haven’t grilled your corn yet… you’re missing out. Sweet corn + grill = unbelievable-corn-toastyness. It’s true… it’s a whole lot easier than boiling and like I mentioned earlier… less dishes are dirtied in the making. Now this could be served up with corn tortilla chips for a kick butt snack or party app. But next week I’m sharing with you a little ditty you won’t want to miss. I’m not going to tell you what that ditty actually is… only that if you love this recipe… well, you’ll love the ditty.

Promise.

corn collage

Start by lightly brushing 4 ears of sweet corn with a little bit of light olive oil. Place them on a grilling rack… or straight up on the grill until a beautiful char happens

orange peppers

Dice up half of an orange bell pepper, small… like the size of corn kernels.

red bell pepper

And work the same magic on half of a red bell pepper.

diced red onion

Dice up about a quarter cup of red onion… small, like the peppers.

pickled jalapenos

And dice up a few of those pickled jalapenos… about a tablespoon or more if you like things reeeal spicy.

chopped cilantro

Mince up a handful of fresh cilantro and add all of the above to a good-sized mixing bowl.

cut from the cob

Now for the utterly fun and messy part. Use your sharpest of knives to cut the corn off of the cob…

pile-o-corn

Keep going until you have a giant pile of corn.

all in the bowl

Scoop all of that corn and add it to the bowl with the rest.

stirrrr it up

Toss… you see where this is going right?

lime 1

But first a quick little dressing… cut a juicy lime in half.

lime juice

Squeeze both halves over the corn salsa.

olive oil

A tablespoon of olive oil…

salt

Season with a half to 3/4 of a teaspoon of kosher salt. Go ahead and take a tortilla chip to taste it after a half a teaspoon, chips have salt so you won’t want to over salt. Know-what-I-mean?

toss

Stir it up for one last and final time before covering it and letting it do it’s thang in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.

Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa www.SimplyScratch.com

Ta-daaaa! Soooo easy…

bite

And it’s just the right thing for snacking. But stay tuned to see what I really used this salsa for. Eeek!

Also… You might want to stop by the STAR Fine Foods Facebook page and entire to win this FABULOUS giveaway! Click here for the deets.

Now, who wants to dive head first into this bowl?

Enjoy!

Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa l www.SimplyScratch.com

Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa

Quick and easy! Grilled corn is teamed up with sweet bell peppers, spicy pickled jalapenos and the beloved combination of lime juice and cilantro.

Yield: 4 cups

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: chill time: 30-60 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes {give or take}

4 Ears of Fresh Sweet Corn

Extra Light Olive Oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided

1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, diced small

1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced small

1/4 cup Red Onion, diced small

1/4 cup chopped Fresh Cilantro

1 tablespoon chopped Pickled Jalapeno

1 lime, juiced

1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, plus more to taste

Brush the corn with light olive oil. Place on a hot grill until cooked and slightly charred. Turn often and watch carefully.

While the corn is cooling; combine the chopped peppers, onion, cilantro, jalapenos, the juice of an entire lime, cilantro and season with kosher salt. Give it a good toss, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Stir once before serving.

Enjoy!

48 Responses to “Grilled Corn Salsa”

Tieghan Gerard — June 11, 2013 at 8:21 am

Love this! I have been using/ putting corn salsa on everything these days. So good!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

I know Tieghan… I’m obsessed with grilled corn right now 🙂

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — June 11, 2013 at 9:22 am

Yes please!! Come to mama!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

I think the baby needs this salsa!! Thanks Liz!!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — June 11, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’m in love! This salsa is just incredible looking!!!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Thanks so much Jocelyn!

Muna Kenny — June 11, 2013 at 10:14 am

I can imagine myself having this salsa with some puffed Indian bread (puri). It looks perfect!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Ooooh I need to learn more about this Indian bread! 🙂

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Sweet babies I want that.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 11, 2013 at 10:57 am

This salsa is exactly what I need to be eating this week! Diet starts soon.

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

I know right? I blame Austin… and the Hello Cupcakes… annnnnd the margaritas! 🙂

Julia Yohe — June 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Wow! This salsa looks so yummy. It’s so easy to do. Even my kids can make this and they will enjoy the grilling part. Thanks a lot!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

Thanks Julia! I love getting my kids to help in the kitchen and I finally have one old enough to take over the chopping! 🙂

Richard — June 11, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Salsa, Salsa, Salsa! I love this recipe. I would just up the amount of Jalapeno peppers to 2 or 3 🙂

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:42 pm

Go for it! I would too, but my kids thought this batch was really spicy… homemade jalapenos tend to be spicier than the store bought though. 🙂

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

This looks so fabulous!

Mr. & Mrs. P — June 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm

So light and beautiful colors… perfect for summer

Robby — June 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! And I was trolling for some new ideas for an event. This looks perfect. Of course, I’ll need to taste test a batch or three, first.

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

Thank you Robby! Taste testing is a total must 🙂

Daisy Ray@ Flowers Fruit and Fun — June 11, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Yum! I love corn- on- the- cob!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 11th, 2013 @ 10:47 pm

Me too! I’ve been grilling corn left and right lately! 🙂

Sheila — June 12, 2013 at 9:57 am

This is my kinda food! I can’t wait to make those pickled jalepenos this summer!

Jenny @ BAKE — June 12, 2013 at 9:59 am

This salsa looks incredible! I can’t eat tomatoes and I always feel a little left out on the salsa front so I can’t wait to try this!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

Well Jenny this salsa is for you GIRL!! 🙂

Jeanne (NanaBread) — June 12, 2013 at 10:25 am

That bowl is absolutely stunning. I’d say it’s almost too pretty to eat, but we all know there’s no such thing. I’m thinking it deserves the ‘bobbing for apples’ face-first treatment. Look away!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 11:17 pm

Jeanne!!!! It was so great to meet you this weekend! You are simply the best and the moment when Ree said “OH!! Your Nana Bread” will forever make me smile… what a moment! XXO

Jackie — June 12, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I’m so glad I got to meet you! You are even more adorable and wonderful than I had imagined.
    p.s. I could totally make a meal out of this salsa.

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 11:16 pm

Aww thanks Jackie!! It was so great to meet you too! XXo

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — June 12, 2013 at 1:45 pm

This salsa looks so good! I love the vibrant colors and I know it would taste amazing too. Nothing like a fresh homemade salsa!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

Thanks Haley!!

Cassie — June 12, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I can’t get over meeting you this weekend. You are a GEM and I can’t wait until next time. I’ll never forget those fire fighters 😉

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

I just adore you Cassie! I had so much fun and only wish we could’ve sucked down more margaritas while Katie was getting flirted with 🙂 The fire fighter incident was hilarious!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I just want to just dive head first into that bowl – so many amazing flavors!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

Ditto Erin! I’m starving right now and I’m wishing I had a bowl of this and some tortillas {and margaritas.. don’t judge} 😉

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 12, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Laurie, this is SO gorgeous! I can just imagine piling this on grilled meats and mixing it into salads. Beautiful summer salsa with so many possibilities! I LOVE it.

• simplyscratch replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

Thanks Georgia! I love the idea of it on grilled steak!

Cate @ Chez CateyLou — June 13, 2013 at 11:57 am

This salsa looks so light and summery! Delicious!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — June 13, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Corn salsa is my favorite. I love that you got it right off the cob.

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — June 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I love this! I have always wanted to grill corn but I never have. Now I have the perfect excuse to.
    PS It was so nice meeting you at BlogHer. And thank you for not judging me for downing 5 tacos at the Tasty Kitchen party 🙂

Luv What You Do — June 13, 2013 at 10:20 pm

This recipe looks amazing! I love grilled corn and this salsa is perfect for summer BBQ’s!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 17, 2013 at 3:12 am

I could dive right in with a spoon!

rachel — June 18, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I make something so similar! Great minds think alike! <3

• simplyscratch replied: — June 18th, 2013 @ 10:47 pm

Yes they do! 🙂

1. Pingback: First Day of Summer Shindig | BFAbulous15

2. Pingback: Tuesday Tastings :: Grilled Corn Salsa | Camille Styles

3. Pingback: Roasted Corn Salsa, Two Ways

4. Pingback: Bitcoiners Who Use Tor – Be Warned!

5. Pingback: Bitcoiners Who Use Tor – Be Warned! | Bani-Digitali.ro