Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs

I’m pretty sure it was January when we dusted our grill off.

Let’s just say I was a leeetle excited.

Today, I’m just as excited about that steak as I am about these easy marinated steak kebabs… or kababs, or is it kebobs?

Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs ll www.SimplyScratch.com

There’s just something about steak, peppers and onions on your own little convenient skewer. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely think it has something to do with the skewer but the simple ingredients, simple marinade and then the whole grilling thing that omits a lot of dish washing plays a hand in it too. Hey I like things simple because simple is my middle name. {not really, it’s Anne… but you know what I mean}

The key to a delicious and succulent {yeah I said it} steak kebab is buying a good steak. Don’t be fooled by those perfect little cubes of beef labeled “stew meat” those you will need to cook for a zillion hours before they even start to get tender.

Sirloin is my steak of choice for kebabs. It’s pretty lean, it’s normally on the less expensive side and cubes up pretty easily. The rest of the magic happens in the marinade. So let’s hop to it shall we?

marinade

The marinade for the steak and veggies is as simple as it gets and I bet most of you have all of these already in your pantry and fridge ready to go.

marinade 1

Start by mincing up a few {like 4} cloves of fresh garlic, toss it into a big bowl along with some seasoning salt and freshly ground black pepper.

marinade 2

Next just add in the two tablespoons Dijon mustard, two and a half tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, a 1/4 cup of soy sauce and lemon juice and then whisk in a 1/2 cup of olive oil. Keep whisking until every last drop of olive oil is whisked in to the marinade.

veggies

Since my bowl wasn’t big enough to accommodate everything, I measured out a quarter cup of marinade into a separate bowl and tossed the veggies in it.

cube up the sirloin

Now cube up the sirloin into bite size pieces.

steak in marinade

Throw the cubed sirloin into the bowl. See? Easystreet!

toss and marinate

Toss it all around and let it sit for about 30 minutes to bring the beef up to room temperature.

_DSC0084

Skewer the meat with a little pepper, a little onion… I usually do about 4 to 5 pieces of steak per skewer.

grill 1

I preheated my grill to the hottest setting and one it’s screaming hot I place down the skewers and then reduce the temp to medium-medium/high.

grillin'

Turn every few minutes until the steak has a crispy char on the outside and I like mine medium on the inside. SOooo I’d have to say the entire thing is about 8-10 maybe 12 minutes ish. Sorry I really don’t keep track, I go by looks.

hot off the grill

Once cooked, pull them off the grill to cool for a sec.

Grilled Marinated Steak Kabobs

And dig in. Seriously I could make a meal out of these alone. But feel free to serve them with your favorite side or slide them off of the skewer and into a soft tortilla… mmmmmm

Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs l www.SimplyScratch.com

And these make the best leftovers. I took them to work and my friend Amanda {Hi Mandy!} ate these straight out of the container.

You won’t believe your taste buds.

Do it.

Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs ll www.SimplyScratch.com

Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs

Simple. Grilled and GOOD!

Yield: 6+ servings

2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard

2-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

1/4 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed

1/4 cup Tamari

1/2 cup Olive Oil

Metal Skewers or skewers that have been soaking in water for 30-45 minutes

In a large bowl combine the garlic, seasoning, black pepper, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, tamari and whisk while pouring in the olive oil.

Place the peppers, onions and cubed sirloin into the marinade. Toss to coat and let sit for a few.

Skewer the steak and peppers alternating with the red onion until all the steak is skewered.

On a hot preheated grill {High heat} place the skewers down and immediately reduce the temperature to medium/medium-high. Cook, turning occasionally, until there's a nice char on the outside.

Remove and let rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.

Enjoy!

28 Responses to “Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs”

Tieghan Gerard — June 28, 2013 at 6:07 am

These look awesome! My family would truly love these and EVERYONE all NINE of use would eat them. That is amazing right there!

Emma — June 28, 2013 at 6:08 am

oh my deliciously. Seriously simple is always best and these look ah-mazing! Thanks for sharing :)

• simplyscratch replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 10:15 am

Thanks Emma! Have a great weekend!

Angie — June 28, 2013 at 8:38 am

Great kebab recipe, my family would devour these sso quick!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 10:04 am

Thanks Angie :)

Rachel Gurk — June 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

These look perfect! Can I come over?

• simplyscratch replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Uh-yeah! Of course… bring those cute kiddos too!

Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie — June 28, 2013 at 9:42 am

Oh, these look so awesome! My husband and I don’t have a grill….I KNOW, crazy right?? We’ve been in our house a couple years now, so we have no excuse ;)

• simplyscratch replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 9:59 am

Ha! I know how that goes! But still a grill is a must… go getcha one girl!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 28, 2013 at 11:04 am

Now I’m totally wishing I’d bought steak at the store!

Alisha @ Gluten Free Perspective — June 28, 2013 at 11:10 am

I just bought some skewers for an upcoming camping trip. Those will be perfect for grilling these up. Although yours like way too pretty too eat!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 28, 2013 at 11:13 am

Too bad my husband is out of town this weekend or I would have him grilling these steak kebabs for me.

rachel — June 28, 2013 at 11:35 am

Those are absolutely GORGEOUS! I just did steak kabobs last week, too! There’s something about the color and the smells and the textures.. YUM <3
    Happy Friday, Laurie!!!

steph@stephsbitebybite — June 28, 2013 at 11:39 am

Kabobs just scream summer to me! I need to go get some of those skewer things so I can make this!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 28, 2013 at 11:57 am

I LOVE steak kebabs and I love a girl who appreciates red meat! Yeah, Laurie!! Go on with yo steak lovin’ self. These look amazing!

TITLE Boxing Club Edina — June 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Looks so delicious!! Kebobs/kebabs are the best.

Mr. & Mrs. P — June 28, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Simple, colorful and flavorful!! YUM!!! Love grillin’ time!!!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — June 29, 2013 at 9:50 pm

This looks incredible! I would love to have this on my grill.

Daniel @ TickleMyTastebuds — June 30, 2013 at 11:20 am

Oh my, these look amazing – and I love grilled kebabs as much as the next guy – perhaps a chicken version will be on my menu soon!

Robin — July 2, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I just made this tonight for my family and they loved it! It was so good!

• simplyscratch replied: — July 4th, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

Yay! So glad Robin!

Amy Kelly — July 22, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I made these tonight and they are absolutely FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing this recipe! It’s been the best dinner I’ve made/had in a long time! Lol! :-)

1. Pingback: Food – Things To Cook In July | Everything Cool

2. Pingback: 15 Meatball and Kebab Recipes

3. Pingback: Top 10 Grilled Kebobs You Need to Try Right Now

4. Pingback: Grilled Steak Salad with Blue Cheese + Grilled Grapes | Healthy Nutrition Jumpstart

5. Pingback: Grilled Marinated Steak & Veggie Kebabs