Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers

Pub burgers. It’s totally a thing.

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers www.SimplyScratch.com 00

Yup, a thing I’m totally down with. Can’t you just picture it: A group of friends gathered around a too-small-of-a-table and then a big plate of these gorgeous beauts are delivered right under your noses? All of a sudden people are knocking elbows, pushing these burgers into one another’s faces… ahhh yes, I’d definitely order these cute little delicious burgers… but all for myself, ‘cuz I’m not sharing.

But I can guess what you’re thinking… ummmm Laur, aren’t these sliders? Well yessss and no. Yes they are small and technically sliders… but to me a pub burger is something you aren’t quite sure how you’re going to wrap your mouth around it… of course without looking completely ridiculous and making a huge mess. It’s a burger that’s simple… but has a little somethin-somethin that you just can’t put your finger on. Oh and they have a fancy bun… and they’re too big for your face. Did I already say that?

ingredients

For these pub burgers, it’s the mayo. I made a quick homemade aioli… with a little ranch-y goodness. And of course there is not a single ranch packet, are you kidding me? I took a few things from this recipe and stuffed it into mayo.

I thought about calling it mayoli but I didn’t want to get laughed at.

aioli making

The aioli is pretty basic; one whole egg yolk plus an egg yolk, a heaping teaspoon of grainy mustard, half a lemon {minus the seeds of course}. Turn the lid on and s-l-o-w-l-y drizzle in a cup of light olive oil or grapeseed oil.

Parsley and Dill

Now here comes the add-ins. Fresh parsley and dill… a handful of each. Give them a rough chop…

the rest

And throw them in along with the kosher salt, oregano, onion flakes, paprika and of course… a big fat clove of garlic.

aioli-baby

Turn your mini food processor on and blend until the herbs and garlic are blended through the aioli errr mayoli.

refrigerate

Pour it into a small dish with a tight fitting lid and pop it in the fridge for a few hours {over night would be best}. There will be leftovers of this magical aioli so feel free to slather it on a sandwich or wrap. Maybe even dunk these or this in it?

the stuff

Here are our toppings: Peppered bacon {if you can find it, otherwise any slab bacon would work}, pretzel rolls… are the bomb!, crisp lettuce, a roma tomato, cheddar cheese and that ranch aioli.

cook and drain bacon

I cooked the bacon first. Strike that… I cut the bacon in half first THEN I cooked it until crispy.

red meat

Then I threw two pounds of ground chunk into a big-o bowl.

season it

Season it with your favorite all purpose seasoning.

seasoning!!

I just want to show you what I’m so madly in love with lately. My friends at Simply Organic totally hooked me up with this most amazing salt-mix. Just check out the ingredients… simply and so-SO good. So far I’ve put it on chicken, eggs and now in my burgers and I LOVE IT!

meat balls

I divvy out the meat into 8 equal portions before making them into patties.

thick patties

Keep them thick and a little bigger than what you think would fit on one of those pretzel buns as they will most definitely shrink a bit. Ps… I feel pub burgers require a thick patty. Amen.

sliced buns

Hello pretzel rolls… I love you. I cut these rolls in half horizontally, and toasted them on the grill for only a minute or two.

grillin

Preheat a grill to medium-high. Cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes a side or until fully cooked.

top the buns with burgers

Stack…

top with bacon

Then top with some bacon… oh sweet Jesus.

top the bun with the mayoli

Stack on the tomato and lettuce and then swipe a little of that mayoli on the top bun.

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers www.SimplyScratch.com

I couldn’t stop taking pictures of these. Even my daughters took my camera and snapped pictures, they are truly something to stare at no?

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers www.SimplyScratch.com 002

All you have to do is figure out a way to unhinge your jaw and cram this baby in… heck if I can do it, so can you. Just please try to ignore that bacon grease drip… thank you.

success!

See proof… I’ve got a big mouth… HA! umm-wait.

I love everything about these… the mayoli {look what I’ve started}, the bacon and the gooey cheddar. These pub burgers are now on a permanent rotation in our house… and your house too, soon… I can feel it.

Enjoy!

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers www.SimplyScratch.com 00

Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers

Bacon, cheddar and a homemade ranch aioli completes these delicious pub burgers.

Yield: 8 burgers/ 4 servings {2 per person}

1 teaspoon Kosher Salt

1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano

1/2 teaspoon Paprika

FOR THE PUB BURGERS:

2 pounds Ground Beef Chuck

Your Favorite Burger Seasoning

1/2 pound Peppered Slab Bacon, sliced in half and cooked until crispy {or any slab bacon will do}

4 slices Cheddar Cheese, quartered

1 large Roma Tomato, sliced

Romaine Lettuce Leaves, torn

8 Pretzel Dinner Rolls {or slider buns}

FOR THE AIOLI: In a mini food processor add an entire egg plus the one egg yolk. Measure and add in a teaspoon of grainy mustard and squeeze in half of a lemon. Secure the lid and turn it on. Slowly stream in the cup of light olive oil.

Add in the chopped garlic, parsley and dill. Measure and add in the onion flakes, salt, paprika and oregano. Pulse until the parsley, dill and garlic are blended in and the spices are mixed throughout. Pour into a container with a tight fitting lid and pop it into the fridge for a few hours. Overnight would be best.

FOR THE BURGERS: In a large bowl throw in the two pounds of ground chuck, add in your favorite hamburger seasoning {about a tablespoon} and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix. Form the mixed hamburger into eight equal portions and then form in to small patties.

Grill the burgers on a grill pre-heated to medium-high and cook for 5-7 minutes a side or until fully cooked. Top with two pieces of the quartered cheddar cheese and remove to a clean plate.

Toast the pretzel buns halves for a few minutes until golden. Top each bottom bun with a burger, bacon, a slice of tomato and lettuce. Smear some of the ranch aioli on the top bun and place it on top of the burger.

Devour.

33 Responses to “Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers”

jane — May 8, 2013 at 5:07 am

OMG … probably the best burger recipe EVER <3

Emma — May 8, 2013 at 5:59 am

Umm want!!!!

Love, Love, Love this!!!

Rina@Itheecook — May 8, 2013 at 7:13 am

I love me some burgers!

Tieghan Gerard — May 8, 2013 at 8:24 am

Yum, gimme please!! Perfect summer burger right there!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 8, 2013 at 9:14 am

I want a hinged jaw so I can open it wide and shovel these in. Yum!!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 8, 2013 at 10:47 am

Oh the ranch aioli and the pretzel roll and the bacon and the cheese and the BEEF! Pub burger me, baby! These look insane, Laurie. INSANE!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — May 8, 2013 at 10:56 am

I can’t even breathe.

Paula - bell'alimento — May 8, 2013 at 11:14 am

Do you deliver? Want.

Tracy @ Peanut Butter and Onion — May 8, 2013 at 11:56 am

perfect for bbq season

Lauren Grier — May 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Droooooooling!! I am totes making these!!!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — May 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I just drooled all over my keyboard.

Anne — May 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Looks so yummy!!! Can’t wait to make. And the mayoli??? (you’ve definitely started something)!!

Júlio Alves — May 8, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Hi. Above all, thank you for having a picture with the ingredients and their names respective names. Since English is not my native language and most of the time translators and dictionaries don’t provide a correct name, this allows to easily identity them. Thank you very much.

Rebecca @This Nest is Best — May 8, 2013 at 8:39 pm

OH YUM. Where did you find those pretzel buns?!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 9, 2013 at 1:08 am

Seriously, I love every single thing about these!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 9, 2013 at 3:29 am

Wow. Pretzel buns = amazingness. Love that ranch aioli too. I could swim in that!

Teresa@SassySuburbanite — May 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

Wow! I think this one will earn me big points with the stepson. Thanks!!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 9, 2013 at 10:25 am

The.most.amazing.burger.ever!!!

Nicole — May 9, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Yum! This burger looks Awesome! I love that you used pretzel rolls.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 9, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Holy wow – I just want to get my mouth around that beauty!

Julie @ Table for Two — May 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm

good GOD, you have NO idea how badly i’ve been craving a burger. we were in turks & caicos and it’s all like…rich, pretty, luxurious food. no junk food in sight. i was craving a burger so badly. i need to make this very soon!! it looks AMAZING!

• simplyscratch replied: — May 9th, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

Thanks Julie! By instagram it looked like you had a blast :) Congrats on the wedding you looked beeeautiful!

Laura @ The Rookie Cook — May 20, 2013 at 10:48 pm

These look great – they are going on my summer to-make list. I am so excited that we finally got a grill to make these yummies!

Pete — May 25, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Could I just use a mayo than add the kosher salt, oregano, onion flakes, paprika , and a clove of garlic? Would you add the lemon and the mustard? Also would you do have mayo and half sour cream? Sorry I just don’t want to use raw egg.

• simplyscratch replied: — May 26th, 2013 @ 10:27 am

I would think you could do either options {but fyi there’s raw egg in store bought too!} :) And I would add the mustard, maybe try adding the mustard last to see if you want it or not.

Skala 1:32 Figurer — September 6, 2013 at 1:46 am

After I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when
    new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I
    get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there
    an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!

Scale Model Figures — September 17, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hey I am so grateful I found your blog, I really found you by accident, whkle I was looking onn Askjeeve
    for something else, Regardlerss I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round enjyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have book-marked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

1. Pingback: Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers |

2. Pingback: Just In Case You Forgot About Memorial Day Too | oh so decadent

3. Pingback: May webfinds: Summer recipe ideas and easy ways to slow down | The Cayenne Room

4. Pingback: in-my-mouth: Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pub Burgers « SliverJewelry.com