Grilled Maple Honey Glazed Pork Chops

Whoa… It just dawned on me that this weekend ends summer vacation.

I sorta have mixed emotions about the whole thing. I’ll miss staying up until 2am reading, sleeping in and having late breakfasts with my girls. But I am looking forward to the cozy nights by our fireplace in our new home, leggings, bulky sweaters and Pat’s hunting trips. Awww-yeah hunting trips! ;)

When it dawned on me that this might be one of our last grilled dinners, I was a little sad.  SIKE! Who am I kidding? We grill all year round! We are so those folks, and by ‘folks’ I mean the cool-hip-still-look-20-something-folks {yeeeeah}, who stand outside by the grill in the dead of winter with our scarves and booties on… knee deep in snow!

But it’s a good thing these chops don’t need a grill to happen. You cook them just the same in a 350 degree oven, and you get the same result… just minus those purty grill marks.

stuff

The glaze is simple… but the flava is outrageous!

Start by adding the maple syrup and honey into a sauce pan. Ignore the watermarks please and thank you.

Next add in the ketchup…

The mustard…

The brown sugar…

And the Worcestershire.

Give it a quick stir…

And bring it up to a boil, stirring often.

Pour four tablespoons into a small bowl and the rest of the glaze into a larger bowl.

Grab the pork chops and set them out to bring up to room temperature, for about 30 minutes.

Season with plenty of kosher salt.

And black pepper.

Lay these suckers down on a preheated grill, medium-medium/high heat and cook for 7-8 minutes.

After 7 or 8 minutes, flip and repeat for another 7-8 minutes. Remember to adjust the times if you’re using a thinner chop!

Now you’ll want to grab that big bowl of glaze {save the little bowl for later} and brush the glaze on… flip/brush… flip/brush for the next 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the glaze burn.

Helloooo boo-ti-ful chop-y chop.

Once the chops are fully cooked, let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Then grab that little bowl of maple-honey goodness and drizzle it over top.

This is good stuff peeps, promise!

The glaze is sweet and tangy… leaving the chops unbelievably awesome. They eat like a steak… they literally sing to you! Ahhhhhhh! No reeeeeeeeeeally they do!

Now if you make these this Labor Day weekend you’ll be the rock star of your backyard shin-dig. Thinking ahead… as you know I always do {yeah, no I usually don’t} but YOU just might want to serve it with a few of these and a lot of this!

Get on it!

Grilled Maple Honey Glazed Pork Chops

Probably the easiest and best tasting pork chop you'll ever have.

Yield: 4 servings

Cook Time: 20-25 minutes depending on pork chop thickness

Total Time: 30-35 minutes

4 {3/4 inch thick} Boneless Top Loin Pork Chop

Kosher Salt

Black Pepper

3/4 cup Real Maple Syrup

1/4 cup Honey

2 tablespoons Ketchup

2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard

2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire

Preheat your grill to medium-medium high. {or preheat your oven to 350 degrees}

In a sauce pan combine the maple syrup, honey, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove and pour four tablespoons {I eyeball it} into a small bowl and the rest into a large bowl for basting.

Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.

Lay the chops out on your preheated grill and cook for 7-8 minutes. Flip and repeat for 7-8 minutes more.

Grab the glaze, saving the four tablespoons of glaze for later, and brush it all over the pork chops, flip and repeat for 8-10 minutes more until the chops are fully cooked.

Once fully cooked, remove the pork chops from the grill to a plate and let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes.

Drizzle the remaining four tablespoons of maple honey glaze over top of the chops before serving.

Enjoy!

*OVEN METHOD* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a rimmed sheet pan or rub with a little olive oil.

Follow the above steps for the glaze and season the pork with salt and pepper.

Baste the pork with the glaze and bake for 30 minutes, brushing both sides of the pork every 10 minutes with the glaze.

22 Responses to “Grilled Maple Honey Glazed Pork Chops”

j3nn — August 29, 2012 at 9:11 am

That glaze sounds perfect — on so many things! Sweet and salty and easy to whip up. Yum!

Rachel Cooks — August 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm

These look amazing! Love the photos!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — August 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Such a bummer that summer is drawing to a close! I could use about 5 more months of it at least! Your pork chops look SCRUMptious! I’m always looking for a new way of preparing pork chops and the maple honey sounds wonderful!

Kathryn — August 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Pork is one of my absolute favourites so these sound right up my street!

DB-The Foodie Stuntman — August 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

YUM! Pork chops paired with sweet flavors always works well, doesn’t it? My only suggestion is to use bone-in chops because they add flavor. When the weather turns to autumn, try this Tyler Florence pork chops recipe if you don’t want to freeze your backside off tending the grill in cold weather. It is my favorite pork chops recipe.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

these look SERIOUSLY heavenly!

Jess — August 29, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Looks soooooo good!

Cassie — August 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm

These are the perfect flavors for pork in my opinion. Just lovely!!

Julie @ Table for Two — August 30, 2012 at 2:18 am

these look amazing and i LOVE the maple honey flavor you got going on and with the mustard too! i just had pork chops tonight but they certainly weren’t as good as these, i’m sure of it!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — August 30, 2012 at 5:09 am

I need more pork recipes! These look so good! I agree, let’s keep the grilling going!

evenings — August 30, 2012 at 6:47 am

it looks so delicious !

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — August 30, 2012 at 12:26 pm

These look soooo good! I must try!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — August 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Gorgeous as always! We have pork often here, so this will totally get made!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — August 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Mouth-watering! There is no other way to have pork chops than glazed and grilled. Yay to year-round bbq!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — August 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

These are some awesome looking pork chops! Love the flavors!

seemichellecook.com

Gregg at PIL — September 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm

These look PERFECTLY glazed—want to enter them in our Food Blogger Recipe Contest?

Andrea @ Martin Lane Designs — September 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I recently discovered your blog and love it! I am always on a mission to make homemade food. We tried this recipe last week and it was delicious!

David Crichton — October 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Delicious looking dish Laurie. Loving your blog too, it’s not full of cake!

Dave

SBakes — March 12, 2013 at 6:13 pm

While I consider myself a pretty damn good cook, pork is one of the things I’ve never quite mastered completely – it usually comes out tough and tasteless, and I swear off making pork again. Then, I give in, try another recipe and get similar results. Well, then I found THIS recipe… so juicy and full of flavor! A true homerun recipe with the hubby and all three kids. It will definitely be my “go-to” pork recipe. Thanks for helping me finally master the other white meat!

GoKarenGo — November 13, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I am obsessed with these chops and glaze! Have made them three times since discovering the recipe this Fall. Twice on the grill, and last night with super thin chops that I broiled in the oven (without the glaze b/c I was afraid it would burn under the broiler), then doused with the glaze when I took them out. Sooooo good! :)

• simplyscratch replied: — November 13th, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

Thanks so much! I LOVE those chops too. I’m not sure what it is about that glaze but it’s soooo darn good! Thanks for taking the time to come back and leave a comment!