Strawberry Banana Smoothie

I was at work, on my break, browsing through the overly priced items at our hospital gift shop. My eyes stopped at the magazines… I know right… a real shocker! I had most of the food magazines on the shelf… except for the newest Food Network one. So I picked it up along with some Worther’s Originals… I’m a total sucker for “The Classic Candy Made with Real Butter and Fresh Cream” {I mean it has butter in it}… So out the door I went spending five dollars and something to occupy my time… for when I wasn’t on the clock… of course. ;)

5560399194_653b3c0b3c_o

As I flipped through, I passed lots of “to try” recipes that I bookmarked with little pieces of white paper. And then… it happened. I had an idea. Okay… well with a huge thanks to the magazine. There it was… in the center of the magazine, a tiny booklet that said 50 smoothie recipes. I love smoothies… and as my new year’s resolution, {to eat less bread… I know please pray for me}, you can imagine how my breakfast options have dwindled… then I thought… I LOVE SMOOTHIES!?!

And that my friends was when I decided to create a new section on Simply Scratch called… drum roll please….

…Simply Smoothies!

Just think… A place where you can come to for fresh and healthy smoothie recipes… for breakfast… for lunch or for a midnight snack!!

To kick off the first “smoothie” recipe I didn’t want to do anything crazy… or to weird. So we are keeping it simple and smooth… get it? lol. This recipe came from the Food Network booklet in my magazine this month, and since it was second on their list, I thought why the heck not? Strawberry and banana is a pretty safe combination, no? But have you ever added cinnamon to your smoothie? or honey?

Banana, strawberries, honey… oh my!

Ice is soooo key to a thick smoothie… so if you have any frozen fruit, i.e. bananas or strawberries, just keep them frozen for an extra thick drink!

Next add the vanilla yogurt… doesn’t matter what kind as long as it’s vanilla!

Add the honey…

… and some cinnamon… just a very small pinch though.

Next goes the chopped banana.

And then the straaaaaaaaaawberries. I’m a sucker for strawberries too!

Pour in the milk.

And blitz it until smooth!

Pour into glasses.

Deeeeeeeeelicious! Now drink …and be berry! lame? sorry.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Yield: 2 servings

1 Banana, cut into chunks

1 cup Strawberries, Hulled and halved

1 cup Ice

6 oz. Vanilla Yogurt

1/4 cup Whole Milk

1/2 tablespoon Honey

A pinch of Cinnamon

Throw all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until all combined.

Pour into glass and serve!

19 Responses to “Strawberry Banana Smoothie”

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — March 30, 2011 at 4:18 am

This looks yummy! I got that magazine and have been dying to make some of those…too many options! Now I gotta try one :)

Pretty. Good. Food. — March 30, 2011 at 6:10 am

Oh man….now I want a smoothie. It's 11:00 at night though….guess I'll wait until the morning :)
    Great photos!

Amanda — March 30, 2011 at 1:52 pm

yumm. i love smoothies! the strawberries are just popping up around here now, can't wait to pick some and try this out.:)

Pretend Chef — March 30, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Smoothies are the best way to sneak in those fruit servings and sometimes veggies. This looks so delicious. Yummy!

Katrina — March 30, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Can I take you home with me? I just want everything you make. Right now. I have been loving me some Chobani in my morning smoothis too :) ♥- K

Gordy — March 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

This is an awesome strawberry & banana smoothie. I shared my long time favourite Banana & Honey smoothie… http://pimpthatfood.com/banana-honey-smoothie it is a killer :P

Nichole — March 30, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Yumm – we love smoothies!

Elizabeth — March 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Just wondering, what kind of blenders do you all have that actually work on ice chunks like that? I've never found ones that work well, at least for long.

Torviewtoronto — March 30, 2011 at 11:53 pm

delicious looking combination favourite smoothie

Amy — March 31, 2011 at 11:00 am

I really need to get a freaking blender…

Susan Lindquist — April 1, 2011 at 12:10 am

This looks a killer cornbread! Sweet potato, huh? Whodathunkit ?!?

Laurie @simplyscratch — April 5, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Elizabeth~ I have an Oster, it's from my baby food making days 10 years ago and still going strong!! But when the motor goes, I'm opting for the Vitamix. It's a large chunk of change but worth it! Hope this helps!

Valerie — May 21, 2011 at 8:51 pm

That looks fantastic! I think Smoothies will be my new fashion haha I love your recipe, i hope my little blender will hold out!
    By the way, i love your blog!

Lori A. — May 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm

YUM! We just made this for our 9 year old son who was asking for a strawberry banana smoothie. He loves it! Thank you. :)

Mutsa — July 2, 2013 at 5:10 am

this smoothie was soooo good! i froze the vanilla yogurt as well for extra thickness. It is now my go-to recipe for a strawberry-banana smoothie :D

fat loss factor review — November 7, 2013 at 4:23 am

Hello there I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Google for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and
    a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

Andre Enderson — May 20, 2014 at 6:11 am

Strawberry banana smoothie provides a large range of nutrition that can make us healthy. Bananas provide fiber, which protects bowel health and helps regulate digestion of us. The amount of potassium in bananas also makes it a good fruit that can help to decrease kidney stone. Strawberries promote good eyesight and decrease symptoms of arthritis.

1. Pingback: Strawberry Banana Smoothie – Warm Vanilla Sugar