Honey Roasted Cashews

Who doesn’t love the whole sweet and salty thing? These nuts got it goin on, they are perfect for a quick snack and super easy to make! Also they are WAY better tasting than store bought and not to mention better for you!

I haven’t met a nut I didn’t like, but what is it about cashews? You sit down with a bag of them and before you know you can’t stop stuffing your face with them… oh wait… maybe that’s just me. Honestly I could easily eat this whole batch without thinking twice about it.  I love them that much! I love them more than my girls… just kidding… sort of.

You may want to make a double batch and hide some for yourself… these will go fast! Promise! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! :)

*You can also view my recipe at MapleSyrupWorld.com!

Here are the goods: cashews, honey, real maple syrup, vanilla, butter, cinnamon, kosher salt and sugar.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Combine the honey, maple syrup and butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 25-30 seconds until butter is melted.

Add the salt, cinnamon and vanilla and stir.

Pour the honey/maple syrup mixture over the cashews and stir until completely coated.

Dump the coated nuts on to the lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, remove and stir. Spread the cashews into another single layer and bake again for 6 minutes. The honey/maple glaze gets thick and sticky in the oven and coats the nuts as you toss them.

I give your full permission to lick the drips on the bowl… don’t feel silly… I do it… it’s a total must!

After being in the oven they should smell toasty and they should be a light golden brown.

Use the tin foil to pour the cashews into a different medium-size bowl. Toss with the 2 tablespoon sugar.

You know you want one!

If you can resist the urge to unhinge your jaw and inhale them all, then I highly suggest letting them cool completely and store them in a glass jar with an airtight lid!

Honey Roasted Cashews

Yield: 4 cups

1 lb. Cashews

2 tablespoons of Honey

1 1/2 tablespoons of real Maple Syrup

1 1/2 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter

1 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Vanilla

1/4 tsp Cinnamon

2 tablespoons Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.

Measure out all ingredients and combine the honey, maple syrup and butter. Microwave until butter is melted {about 25-30 seconds}.

Then add salt, vanilla and cinnamon to the honey mixture and stir. Place cashews in a medium size bowl, pour the honey mixture over the nuts and toss.

When coated spread on the prepared cookie sheet {forming a single layer} and bake for 6 minutes.

Remove from oven, toss again and place back in the oven for 6 more minutes.

Remove and pour into a clean bowl, toss with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little salt to taste and let cool, stirring occasionally.

When completely cool pour into a glass jar with an air-tight lid.

29 Responses to “Honey Roasted Cashews”

Andrea the Kitchen Witch — August 12, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I never thought of doing my own honey roasted nuts, how delicious!! Bookmarking this one, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Jennifurla — August 12, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Oh these look so pretty, perfect for leacing out for guests

Richard — August 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Hey Laurie,

We would love to feature your recipe on http://www.maplesyrupworld.com/, give us a shout!

Richard

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 12:24 am

I love cashews too, and spicing them up like this must take them to a whole new level! Question though, do you start with raw cashews, or can you start out with ones that are already dry roasted?

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 13, 2010 at 3:13 am

The Sugar Queen~ You can buy "raw" or salted… either way will work. I have made them with raw before and just add a pinch of salt to the glaze. I didn't see "raw" cashews at my local grocery store so I just omitted the salt in the glaze because the cashews seemed slightly salty already. All cashews are some what processed, they aren't really raw, I read somewhere

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 3:18 am

So the Planter's brand nuts in the blue tin would work just fine?

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 13, 2010 at 3:34 am

To be honest, I don't know… I only have bought mine in bulk. You need a pound so I would try looking for the bulk cashews. I would hate to tell you okay for sure, Planters may have REALLLY salted cashews.

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 4:26 am

That's ok! I'm not sure where to buy bulk cashews, other than the bins at the grocery store~ just not sure how fresh they would be. I still really want to make these, and probably will try the Planters, unless I can find another source. I'll let you know how they turn out! Thanks Laurie, for the information!!

Kim — August 14, 2010 at 3:08 am

Great post. I made roasted chickpeas for the first time (our kiddos have nut allergies) so I'm going to try this with chickpeas and see what happens. I'm sure they'll be delish.

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I saw Jaden from steamykitchen.com roast some chickpeas…they looked delicious! Let me know how they turn out!

Fashion Meets Food — August 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

wow I never thought of making my own! Absolutely brilliant! Definitely will be making these. I just found your blog and love it. You have a new follower!

xo

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox — August 19, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Oh yum. I loved honey roasted cashews. I'm totally saving this. Gorgeous photography!

Karen — August 20, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful post – would love to make these (and eat them!)

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:36 am

Yum, yum, YUM! These sound fantastic. I'm sure that when I make them I won't be able to stop popping them in my mouth :).

Lizzy — December 4, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Laurie,

I featured your recipe for the Weekend Blog Showcase…and included a link back to your blog. Wonderful recipe…I'm using these nuts as hostess gifts throughout the holiday season. THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous — December 31, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Fantastic New Year's Eve snack :-)

Sarah — December 3, 2012 at 12:51 am

I’m making these today! I cannot wait to try them! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Coleens Recipes — December 7, 2012 at 3:50 am

I made these this afternoon and they are sensational!!! Super quick, super easy and totally delicious!!! I posted about them tonight at: http://coleensrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/12/honey-roasted-cashews.html
    Thank you for sharing this recipe!!

Tony B — December 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe and the idea. I had a bag of both almonds and cashews in my cabinet and was looking for a tasty solution. I made some super minor tweaks, turned out great.

Bunny — August 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm

How long do they need to be kept in the jar ?

• Laurie McNamara replied: — September 25th, 2014 @ 8:26 am

A good couple of weeks at least but you can start snacking immediately :)

Gail — September 25, 2014 at 8:02 am

This is a great recipe! So yummy!
    How do you keep yours from getting sticky while storing them? I have had that problem the few times I have made them.

• Laurie McNamara replied: — September 25th, 2014 @ 8:28 am

Thanks Gail! Hmmm I don’t recall these being overly sticky… we eat these so darn fast though. I think coating them in enough sugar works but it could be inevitable.

Sandy Ayres — October 20, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Needed some honey roasted cashews for a salad recipe and could not find any at the store, so came internet hunting… So glad I found this recipe and YOU! They are lovely, and I will not be looking in the stores for the product now that I can make them better than the leading ‘brands’ can, LOL.

1. Pingback: How To Make Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews | Nuts & Oils