Honey Roasted Cashews

Honey Roasted Cashews are sweet and a little salty. These nuts are perfect for a quick snack and super easy to make! Also they are WAY better tasting than store bought and not to mention better for you.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

I haven’t met a nut I didn’t like, but what is it about cashews? You sit down with a bag of them and before you know you can’t stop stuffing your face with them. Honestly I could easily eat this whole batch without thinking twice about it.  I love them that much!

You may want to make a double batch and hide some for yourself because these will go fast. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. 🙂

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Here are the goods: cashews, honey, real maple syrup, vanilla, butter, cinnamon, kosher salt and sugar.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment. Combine the honey, maple syrup and butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 25-30 seconds until butter is melted.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Next add the salt, cinnamon and vanilla and stir.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Then pour the honey/maple syrup mixture over the cashews and stir until completely coated.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Finally, dump the coated nuts on to the lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, remove and stir. Spread the cashews into another single layer and bake again for 6 minutes. The honey/maple glaze gets thick and sticky in the oven and coats the nuts as you toss them.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

I give your full permission to lick the drips on the bowl… don’t feel silly… I do it… it’s a total must!

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

After being in the oven they should smell toasty and they should be a light golden brown.

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

Use the tin foil to pour the cashews into a clean medium-size bowl. Then toss with the 2 tablespoon sugar.

You know you want one!

Honey Roasted Cashews l SimplyScratch.com

If you can resist the urge to unhinge your jaw and inhale them all, then I highly suggest letting them cool completely and store them in a glass jar with an airtight lid.

Enjoy! And if you give this Honey Roasted Cashew recipe a try, let me know by snapping a photo and tagging me on twitter or instagram!

Yield: 4 cups

Honey Roasted Cashews

Honey Roasted Cashews
Sweet and salty, these easy Honey Roasted Cashews are homemade, made from scratch and are the perfect snack and treat. SO delicious!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Additional Time 3 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 pound cashews
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons of real maple syrup
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with tin foil.

Measure out all ingredients and combine the honey, maple syrup and butter. Microwave or heat in a small sauce pan until butter is melted (about 25-30 seconds if microwaving).

Then add salt, vanilla and cinnamon to the honey mixture and stir. Place cashews in a medium size bowl, pour the honey mixture over the nuts and toss.

When coated spread, in a single layer, on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes.

Remove from your oven, toss again and spread evenly. Place back in the oven for 6 more minutes.

Remove and pour into a clean bowl, toss with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little salt to taste and let cool, stirring occasionally.

When completely cool pour into a glass jar with an air-tight lid.

Recommended Products

As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.

37 Responses to “Honey Roasted Cashews”

Andrea the Kitchen Witch — August 12, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I never thought of doing my own honey roasted nuts, how delicious!! Bookmarking this one, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Jennifurla — August 12, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Oh these look so pretty, perfect for leacing out for guests

Richard — August 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Hey Laurie,

We would love to feature your recipe on http://www.maplesyrupworld.com/, give us a shout!

Richard

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 12:24 am

I love cashews too, and spicing them up like this must take them to a whole new level! Question though, do you start with raw cashews, or can you start out with ones that are already dry roasted?

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 13, 2010 at 3:13 am

The Sugar Queen~ You can buy "raw" or salted… either way will work. I have made them with raw before and just add a pinch of salt to the glaze. I didn't see "raw" cashews at my local grocery store so I just omitted the salt in the glaze because the cashews seemed slightly salty already. All cashews are some what processed, they aren't really raw, I read somewhere

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 3:18 am

So the Planter's brand nuts in the blue tin would work just fine?

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 13, 2010 at 3:34 am

To be honest, I don't know… I only have bought mine in bulk. You need a pound so I would try looking for the bulk cashews. I would hate to tell you okay for sure, Planters may have REALLLY salted cashews.

The Sugar Queen — August 13, 2010 at 4:26 am

That's ok! I'm not sure where to buy bulk cashews, other than the bins at the grocery store~ just not sure how fresh they would be. I still really want to make these, and probably will try the Planters, unless I can find another source. I'll let you know how they turn out! Thanks Laurie, for the information!!

Kim — August 14, 2010 at 3:08 am

Great post. I made roasted chickpeas for the first time (our kiddos have nut allergies) so I'm going to try this with chickpeas and see what happens. I'm sure they'll be delish.

Laurie @simplyscratch — August 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I saw Jaden from steamykitchen.com roast some chickpeas…they looked delicious! Let me know how they turn out!

Fashion Meets Food — August 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

wow I never thought of making my own! Absolutely brilliant! Definitely will be making these. I just found your blog and love it. You have a new follower!

xo

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox — August 19, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Oh yum. I loved honey roasted cashews. I'm totally saving this. Gorgeous photography!

Karen — August 20, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful post – would love to make these (and eat them!)

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:36 am

Yum, yum, YUM! These sound fantastic. I'm sure that when I make them I won't be able to stop popping them in my mouth :).

Lizzy — December 4, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Laurie,

I featured your recipe for the Weekend Blog Showcase…and included a link back to your blog. Wonderful recipe…I'm using these nuts as hostess gifts throughout the holiday season. THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous — December 31, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Fantastic New Year's Eve snack 🙂

Sarah — December 3, 2012 at 12:51 am

I’m making these today! I cannot wait to try them! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Coleens Recipes — December 7, 2012 at 3:50 am

I made these this afternoon and they are sensational!!! Super quick, super easy and totally delicious!!! I posted about them tonight at: http://coleensrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/12/honey-roasted-cashews.html
    Thank you for sharing this recipe!!

Tony B — December 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe and the idea. I had a bag of both almonds and cashews in my cabinet and was looking for a tasty solution. I made some super minor tweaks, turned out great.

Bunny — August 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm

How long do they need to be kept in the jar ?

• Laurie McNamara replied: — September 25th, 2014 @ 8:26 am

A good couple of weeks at least but you can start snacking immediately 🙂

Gail — September 25, 2014 at 8:02 am

This is a great recipe! So yummy!
    How do you keep yours from getting sticky while storing them? I have had that problem the few times I have made them.

• Laurie McNamara replied: — September 25th, 2014 @ 8:28 am

Thanks Gail! Hmmm I don’t recall these being overly sticky… we eat these so darn fast though. I think coating them in enough sugar works but it could be inevitable.

Sandy Ayres — October 20, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Needed some honey roasted cashews for a salad recipe and could not find any at the store, so came internet hunting… So glad I found this recipe and YOU! They are lovely, and I will not be looking in the stores for the product now that I can make them better than the leading ‘brands’ can, LOL.

raylene barton — December 19, 2014 at 5:50 pm

love your recipe, the maple with the honey makes it over the top. thank you so much for sharing. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi — May 24, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Can I make these without sugar?

Heidi

Vibha — June 6, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Hi
    Can I use peanuts instead of cashewnuts? Will it turn out good?
    Thanks

Manuel Sorto — January 14, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Excellent recipe I have been make it for a while and my family is a large one, but any time I make them is a score .

Excellent recipe thanks.

PS. you want to buy raw cashews try Indian stores.

• Laurie McNamara replied: — January 25th, 2017 @ 11:16 am

I’m so glad you like the recipe! And thanks for the tip!

Cheryl Wonnell — September 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm

do you have the nutritional information on these? They look delicious.

• Laurie McNamara replied: — September 10th, 2018 @ 7:33 am

Hi Cheryl! Unfortunately no, I don’t. However there are apps and websites that you can enter the ingredients and they will do all the calculations for you. I hope this helps 🙂

1. Pingback: How To Make Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews | Nuts & Oils