Mini-Mac Sliders

I know I told you guys that I gave up fast food {it has been almost 7 months!!}… If you’ve seen Food Inc. you would too! However that doesn’t mean I deprive myself, instead of falling off the wagon and finding myself in the drive-through line, I think of a way I can make it myself and that totally satisfies my craving! I have been in the mood for a McDonald’s Big Mac… I haven’t been able to get them out of my head ever since I saw my husband eating one right under my nose. Luckily I was not feeling well, or else I would have thrown him an elbow and snatched it out of his hand before he knew what hit him!!!

4969015185_09d0fa1df3_o

So here is my version of a not so BIG Mac… my oldest daughter named it herself… the Mini-Mac Slider… such a yummy little burger… just the name “slider” makes me drool.
Enjoy!

For the “special sauce”: Mayo, French Dressing, Sweet Pickle

Relish, White Vinegar, finely minced Onion, Kosher Salt and Sugar.

onion mincing

Peel and finely mince an onion. Measure out 1 1/2 tablespoons. The excess can be saved for coneys… or pico… mmm pico.

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl… Then cover and refrigerate until your burgers are done!

For the burgers; Ground chuck, Green Onion, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper and Olive Oil.

Finely slice the green onion and then give them a good mincing.

Add them to the ground chuck along with the salt, pepper and olive oil.

Mix the ingredients by hand until combined, don’t over mix it or they will be this weird texture.

Form 12 small patties…

Then add a few patties at a time to a grill pan preheated to medium/ medium high heat… adjust the heat during cooking. Cook the patties 3-5 minutes per side.

Flip and repeat. You can then place done burgers on a plate and cover with foil to keep them warm.

Now for my favorite part… the toppings. You will need; 12 slider buns, the special sauce, finely shredded Lettuce, Pickle slices, and Colby Jack cheese.

Start with the Colby jack. 3 slices to be exact.

Cut in half on a diagonal.

Then half again to form 12 triangles!!

You can also toast your buns, I like mine toasted and so does my girls! I place the slider buns on a baking sheet under my broiler for about 2 minutes.

Schmear some of the special sauce on the inside of the top bun…

Top the bottom toasty bun with a burger patty and a slice of Colby.

Then top with pickle slices and sliced iceberg lettuce.

And they look like this… a little messy… yet tasty! Let me just tell you, my youngest won’t touch pickles or onions and she had no idea they were there!! She gobbled them up!

Mini-Mac Sliders

[Burgers and Toppings]

1 1/2 pounds of Ground Chuck

2-3 Green Onions sliced thin then roughly chopped

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon kosher salt

Iceberg Lettuce cut into super thin strips

Pickle Slices

3 Colby Jack Cheese Slices

12 Slider Buns

For the sauce: Simply combine all the ingredients, refrigerate until ready to use!

For the burgers: Combine the ground chuck with the green onions, salt, pepper and olive oil.

Mix by hand until just combined then form 12 mini burgers.

Place on a preheated grill pan over medium high heat {adjust if you need to while the burgers cook}, cook 3-5 minutes per side or until cook through.

Flip and repeat, you can place the done burgers on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while finishing the other burgers.

Toast buns if desired then top bottom bun with a slider, cheese, pickle, lettuce, sauce then top with bun

23 Responses to “Mini-Mac Sliders”

The Answer Is Chocolate — June 29, 2010 at 4:20 am

Oh these look amazing and you've cracked the special sauce code! YUM!

Michelle — June 29, 2010 at 12:42 pm

YUM! I am SOOOO trying these next week! I have been unable to duplicate that delicious sauce no matter how hard I tried. I love me a big mac. A baby mac made at home — perfect!!

Moogie — June 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I just happened upon this blog. Love this great recipe.

Erin at thehealthyapron — June 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm

What a great idea and one of the best ways to eat naturally! I will have to mention this recipe this week on my site!

Brie — June 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yum! Yum! Yum! I found your recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I have been CRAVING a Big Mac in a serious way being 4.5 months pregnant. I must admit I'll probably give in and buy one on the way home for dinner (hubs is out of town and no sense cooking for one), but I will definitely make these in the near future!

youarewhatyoueatorreheat — June 30, 2010 at 3:12 pm

these look amazing! i can't wait to give it a try!

Morgan — June 30, 2010 at 5:05 pm
    Lori W — June 30, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Not sure what kind of beef you are using but have you tried grass fed beef? I know Meijer carries it as Laura's in the meat case. It's got a great flavor and is incredibly lean considering it's an 85/15 content.

Haley — July 11, 2010 at 11:38 pm

These look amazing! Big Mac's are my favorite but I just read yesterday that they are 540 calories! That is absolutely disgusting 🙁
    I want to make these instead when I get a craving for a naughty Big Mac!

Dionne Baldwin — August 6, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Oh wow. I gotta have this.

Sprinkled with Flour — September 8, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I love making sliders, and these looks so good! My family is coming over for dinner this weekend, this may be the perfect meal to easily feed everyone. Thanks for sharing!

wendyweekendgourmet — September 8, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Yum…and so much nicer because you know exactly what you're putting in them! Saving…

Scott K — September 8, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Great photos and great recipe. I'm a huge fan of sliders. When I lived in Chicago, White Castle was a regular stop. Now that I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I, like you, have stayed away from fast food. You might be interested in a version I came up with: http://fightthefatfoodie.blogspot.com/2009/11/turkey-sliders-and-slaw.html

Kate — September 9, 2010 at 1:04 am

MMM, I just finished dinner and these still made my jaw hurt 🙂 Kate @kateiscooking

Laurie @simplyscratch — September 9, 2010 at 3:51 am

Scott~ Ill definitely check out your recipe… anything with slider in the title I'm all for!

Sprinkles of Parsley — May 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm

How did I miss this post?! Looks absolutely delicious and definitely a perfect Memorial Day BBQ burger! Hope you have a great Memorial Day! 🙂

Tasha — July 30, 2011 at 3:50 am

OMG I think I love you….haha. Will have to try this!!!

Brittany — January 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm

This looks like the perfect snack for superbowl sunday!

desiree — June 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm

My BF and I made these last night and were very pleased. The best cheeseburgers we’ve had in awhile. We love your site + recipes. Yummy stuff.

Jenni Giesler — February 7, 2017 at 9:11 am

These are AMAZING! I made them a while ago for a book club I was hosting and now every time I have leftover green onions in the refrigerator I start dreaming about sliders. Thank you! 🙂

• Laurie McNamara replied: — February 10th, 2017 @ 8:00 am