Truffle Parmesan Fries are an explosion of both texture and flavor. Crispy roasted parmesan fries are finished off with a drizzle of truffle oil and lots of chopped fresh herbs. Serves 4 to 6 depending.
Truffle anything is my love language.
The earthy, intoxicating flavor is absolutely incredible. In the fridge, we have truffle hot sauce, in our pantry truffle potato chips and I’ve had a bottle of truffle oil in my cupboard for months with out any real plans to use it (I just had to have it), until last week.
I was planning on making patty melts, and patty melts needs fries, so I decided to whip up some truffle fries. I tossed russet potato fries in garlic and onion powder, black pepper and parmesan cheese before roasting. Right before serving, once they golden and crispy, drizzle them with white truffle oil and topped with a plethora of chopped herbs from my garden.
The end result? Fabulous.
To Make These Truffle Parmesan Fries You Will Need:
- small russet potatoes
- olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- flakey salt
- white truffle oil
- herbs (fresh basil, rosemary, oregano and chives)
Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed, metal baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scrub your potatoes well and pat dry before cutting into eighths.
I like to use smaller russets because I find them more manageable and, in my opinion, crisp up well and evenly.
Add the potato fries into a large bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil.
Season with 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons each onion and garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper and coarse flakey salt.
Toss to evenly coat. Make sure you separate the potatoes (if they are stuck together obviously) and get them all coated.
Spread out the seasoned potatoes evenly in one single layer on the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
After 20, carefully flip the potatoes and finish baking 10 to 12 minutes.
Or until cooked through and golden brown. yum.
I picked some fresh herbs from my garden to sprinkle overtop. Using fresh rosemary, basil, oregano and chives. However, use whatever you like! And you know I didn’t measure any of this, go ahead and measure that with your heart.
Transfer the crispy parmesan fries to a serving dish and drizzle with white truffle oil. I could literally drink this stuff.
Lastly, sprinkle with the minced fresh herbs.
One word: phenomenal.
Truffle Parmesan Fries
- 1½ pounds russet potatoes (small in size)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 pinches of flakey salt
- 1 drizzle white truffle oil
- fresh herbs, basil, rosemary, oregano and chives
- Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed metal baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, add fries, oil, garlic and onion powder, black pepper, pinches of coarse salt and parmesan cheese. Use a rubber spatula to toss well until coated.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly on the prepared pan and roast on the middle rack for 20 mintues.
- After 20 mintues, carefully remove and flip each potato wedge before sliding the pan back in the oven for 10 to 12 more minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle fries with truffle oil season with salt if needed and sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!