Your breakfast needs these simple Rosemary Breakfast Potatoes. Diced redskin potatoes are tossed with olive oil, season salt and fresh rosemary and then roasted until crispy and perfect. Serves 6 in about 25 minutes.
If there’s one breakfast item that I do right (if I don’t say so my self😏) is breakfast potatoes. Regular or sweet potato, I’ve roasted them all and are my go-to breakfast side, because there’s nothing better than the yolk of a fried egg cascading over top. Crispy potatoes, silky yolk. Yum!
Besides being super tasty, these rosemary breakfast potatoes are s-i-m-p-l-e. Just a few ingredients and 25 minutes is all you need to put these gorgeous and delicious potatoes on the table.
Prepare your tastebuds for deliciousness.
To Make These Simple Rosemary Breakfast Potatoes you will need:
- redskin potatoes (scrubbed and patted dry)
- olive oil
- all-purpose season salt
- fresh rosemary
- coarsely ground black pepper
First, preheat your oven to 400°. Place the diced potatoes onto a rimmed, metal baking sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons extra light olive oil.
Season with 2 teaspoons both all-purpose season salt and finely minced fresh rosemary. I make a homemade season salt similar to Lawry’s, however you can use a store-bought version if you wish to.
Toss to combine and spread out in an even layer. Roast the rosemary breakfast potatoes on the lowest rack of your oven for 10 minutes. Remove and rotate the pan halfway and continue to roast on the middle rack for another 10-12 minutes or until fork tender.
Remove and allow to cool before attempting to lift or serve the potatoes. The key to serving any roasted diced potato is allow it to cool for a few minutes before trying to serve. Otherwise the crispy side will no doubt stick to the pan and you’ll loose that textured side. Patience and I promise (once cool enough) they will release themselves from the pan.
That’s it! SO easy.
As I mentioned before, these crispy rosemary breakfast potatoes are delicious served with a fried (or scrambled!) eggs, but they are also my favorite side to serve with a crustless quiche!
Simple Rosemary Breakfast Potatoes
- 1½ pounds redskin potatoes, diced 3/4 to 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra light
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose season salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh coarsely ground
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Place the diced potatoes onto a large, rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and season with season salt, rosemary and black pepper. Toss until evenly coated and spread in an even layer.
- Roast on the bottom rack of your preheated oven for 10 minutes, rotating the pan 1/2 way through roasting.
- Next move the potatoes to the middle rack and continue roasting for 10 to 15 more minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!