This Roasted Turkey Cranberry Salad is a light and delicious way to use up leftover turkey. Turkey, dried cranberries, celery and onions are tossed with toasted pecans and a light greek yogurt dressing. Serves 6 in 15 minutes.
One last recipe for your leftover turkey before I spend the day making pies. With that said, do I have the recipe for you! This roasted turkey cranberry salad is the perfect light lunch you can feel good about.
Especially after the heavy yet equally delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
To Make This Leftover Roasted Turkey Cranberry Salad You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- leftover roasted shredded turkey
- red onion
- dried cranberries
- pecans (toasted)
To start, in a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Whisk well to combine and set off to the side.
Next, in a large bowl, add 4 cups cooked turkey, 1/3 cup sliced celery, 1/4 cup finely diced red onion and 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans. Toasting the pecans really adds some flavor! And because we’re fancy 😉
Pour the greek yogurt dressing in with the salad ingredients.
Toss until all of the dressing is throughout.
However you decide to serve this is up to you! For my girls, I cut a large croissant in half horizontally and topped it with 3/4 cup of the roasted turkey cranberry salad and sprinkled micros greens onto for color and texture. For moi, I ate it on a bed of baby arugula, with the micro greens and extra black pepper.
I love the crunch of the celery and onions with the toasted pecans and sweet dried cherries. This roasted turkey cranberry salad is great for a light lunch or brunch or for meal prepping for the week.
Click Here For More Turkey Recipes !
Roasted Turkey Cranberry Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 4 cups shredded cooked leftover turkey
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup micro greens, optional
- In a small skillet, add the pecans and heat on medium-low heat until fragrant. About 5 to 6 minutes. Then chop.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked turkey, celery, onions, cranberries berries and chopped pecans.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour the greek dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!