Roasted Broccoli with Chili Garlic Oil and Parmesan has so much flavor! In this quick and easy side, roasted broccoli is tossed with chili crunch oil, lemon and parmesan cheese! Serve along side your favorite protein! Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Broccoli + chili crunch, lemon and parmesan?! What’s not to love?
Who gets excited over a broccoli? Me! I love a good broccoli recipe, and this 4 ingredient gem (6 if counting salt and pepper) is so simple and yields delicious flavor and texture. The whole recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, making this an easy and delicious side for any day of the week.
Serve this flavorful dish alongside chicken, seafood or protein of your choice!
To Make This Roasted Broccoli with Chili Garlic Oil and Parmesan You Will Need:
- avocado oil – Or use extra light olive oil.
- broccoli – Cut int medium-size florets.
- kosher salt – Used to soften and flavor the broccoli when roasting.
- chili crunch – More about this ingredient below.
- parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated without any anti-caking additives.
- lemon juice – Adds bright flavor.
- freshly ground black pepper – Lends subtle bite and flavor.
What Is Chili Crunch?
Chili crunch is a condiment that’s typically made up of oil infused with dried red and chili peppers, crispy onion and garlic. Sometimes called “chili crisp”, “chili oil” or even “chili sauce”. It’s spicy and crunchy with some smokiness. It can be used with a wide variety of dishes. I love it with eggs, pasta, vegetables and on pizza. I’m still in the works of developing a homemade version, but in the meantime, I found mine (Chili Onion Crunch) at Trader Joes but Momofuko is another brand I would recommend.
Preheat your oven to 500°.
Lightly spray a metal, rimmed baking sheet with avocado oil. Add broccoli florets and lightly spray them as well. Season with a few pinches of kosher salt.
Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, measure and add 2 parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons chili crunch and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
Stir well to combine.
Meanwhile, roast the broccoli on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through for even roasting. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Once roasted, immediately add to bowl with the parmesan and chili crunch mixture.
Toss well to combine.
Serve immediately with an extra drizzle or two of chili crunch over top.
Because this roasted broccoli with lemon, chili-garlic oil and parmesan is one of my favorite ways to make broccoli, you should definitely try it. The flavor is out of this world. I had seconds, okay I had thirds but hey it’s broccoli and good for you!
Click Here for More Delicious Side Dish Recipes!
Roasted Broccoli with Chili Garlic Oil and Parmesan
- avocado oil spray, or extra light olive oil
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line a rimmed metal sheet pan with foil and spray with avocado oil.
- Arrange broccoli florets in an even layer, spray with avocado oil and season with a few pinches kosher salt. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through for even roasting.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl, combine the chili crunch oil, parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Once the broccoli has roasted, add it directly into the bowl with the parmesan mixture. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle or two of chili crunch over top.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!