This Roasted Broccoli with Lemon, Chili-Garlic Oil & Parmesan has so much flavor! Broccoli is tossed with chili flakes infused oil and roasted, then topped with fresh lemon and Parmesan cheese.
When I was a kid, we never had the option to dislike vegetables. I never got to say “no thanks, I don’t like that.” Let alone spit it out in front of my parents! How is it that I have one child who will scarf down her veggies first before anything else on her plate and one who refuses to eat them, and pretends to gag on them? It is a mystery that one day I hope to solve. But that doesn’t discourage me from serving it up on their plate dinner after dinner. One day she will thank me… I just know. Right?
So I found this Roasted Broccoli with Lemon, Chili-Garlic Oil & Parmesan recipe on a blog I follow called Pinch My Salt and it looked and sounded really really yummy! I was searching or something to go along with a tilapia recipe, but it had to be simple and fast since tilapia takes a short time to cook. Lemme tell you this was just the ticket! I am not kidding you! It’s broccoli and who could possibly get excited over a vegetable, but you just wait and see. I didn’t change a thing to it because I thought it sounded great to begin with. The bottom gets all golden and crispy… oh my goodness! Who wouldn’t love a recipe for the fact it only has a few ingredients, and simple ingredients always equals a darn good recipe!
To Make This Roasted Broccoli with Lemon You Will Need:
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Start by prepping the broccoli. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cut the broccoli into florets, I like to leave a little more stem… I think extra long stems make them look kind of fancy.
Rinse with water to clean any dirt off the broccoli. Set aside for now.
Now just smash and peel two cloves of garlic.
Add the olive oil and garlic to a small sauce pan and heat together over low to medium-low heat.
After 5-8 minutes when the garlic is turning golden, add the red pepper flakes and give it one more minute.
Drain the chili-garlic oil into a strainer and into a heat safe bowl.
Once the broccoli has boiled for about 3 minutes, remove, drain and rinse with ice cold water (to stop it from cooking). Then just drop them back into the pot they were just in. You could also dump them into an ice bath. But that would require another dirty bowl and I have enough dishes to do already!
Then squeeze the half of lemon over the broccoli and toss.
Next pour over the chili-garlic infused oil and toss.
Then spread out onto a sheet pan and then sprinkle them with a little kosher salt and black pepper. Because later on there will be some Parmesan going on the broccoli so make sure to go easy with the salt.
Then roast in your preheated 425° oven for 10-15 minutes depending how you like it. I went for the whole 15 minutes and it was perfect!
Next sprinkle with however much parmesan cheese you want and then toss.
And if you roast it right you should have…
Crispy caramelized bottoms…
And cheesy deliciousness! Because this roasted broccoli with lemon, chili-garlic oil and parmesan is one of my favorite ways to make broccoli, you should definitely try it. The flavor is out of this world. I had seconds, okay I had thirds but hey it’s broccoli, so whatever!
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon, Chili-Garlic Oil & Parmesan
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and rinse under cold water and drain. Place back into pot.
- Meanwhile heat the oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low to medium-low heat. Make sure the heat is low enough that the garlic is not cooking too fast. After the oil and garlic has heated for 5 to 8 minutes; the garlic should be turning golden brown, but not burning, then add the crushed chili pepper flakes and heat for an additional minute then turn off the burner and strain chili-garlic oil into a small heat-proof bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over top of the par-cooked broccoli and then drizzle with the chili and garlic infused oil. Toss everything together well so that each piece of broccoli has a thin coating of oil. Using tongs, so that the excess oil drains off, remove the broccoli to a rimmed baking sheet and spread it out in a single layer. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place broccoli in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. If your oven tends to be hot, check the broccoli earlier. If you like it to be extra tender, leave it in longer.
- After the broccoli has roasted for 15 minutes, remove and grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over top and place back in the oven for 2-3 more minutes.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!