Put dinner on the table in under an hour with this quick Thai Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl! Toasted cauliflower rice is topped with saucy chicken, chopped peanuts and carrots. Also great for meal prep! Serves 4 in about 30 minutes.
I first made this quick and easy dish this past fall. I had just started my diet plan and was getting into the whole lean ground meat thing. Earlier that day I made toasted cauliflower rice and so I just whipped up this sauce with the ingredients I had on hand and poof! insta-delicious dinner.
Luckily I wrote everything down so that I could make it again.
The flavors are simple; garlic, lemongrass, lime with coconut aminos and rice vinegar. And the combination of the saucy chicken and roasted cauliflower rice, chopped peanuts, cilantro and green onions is out of this world!
You can also elevate this bowl to a spicy one by adding a zigzag of sriracha!
To Make The Cauliflower Rice You Will Need:
- 32 ounces of cauliflower pearls or about 2 heads of cauliflower pulsed until medium to small pieces
- coconut oil spray
- garlic powder
- kosher salt.
TO Make The Thai Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl You will Need:
- lean ground chicken
- light brown sugar
- fresh garlic
- low-sodium chicken broth
- coconut aminos (or sub with tamari- I’ve made it with both)
- rice vinegar
- fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lime
What Is Coconut Aminos?
Coconut aminos is a flavorful and salty sauce made from the fermented sap of coconut palm and sea salt, yet it does not taste like coconut at all. Its consistency and deeply brown color is similar to light soy sauce. It’s soy, gluten and wheat-free. With that said, coconut aminos is a healthy substitute for those with a restrictive diet.
First, spray two large, rimmed metal baking sheets with coconut oil spray. Next, divide the cauliflower among both pans, sprinkle with a few shakes of garlic powder and season with a few pinches of kosher salt. Then roast in your preheated 450° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring and rotating the pans halfway. As a result you will have toasty warm and flavorful cauliflower rice!
If you need or want a visual, check out my recipe here.
Next, in a mixing bowl, measure and combine the 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemongrass, 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh garlic, 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons fish sauce, juice of 1/2 a lime and 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, whisking well to combine.
Meanwhile, spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with coconut oil and cook 1 pound of lean ground chicken over medium heat. Next, use a wooden spatula to break it up into small crumbles and cook until browned and fully cooked.
Next, pour in the sauce and increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once the sauce is bubbling, stir in the cornstarch slurry and stir until thickened.
Lastly, divide the roasted cauliflower rice among bowls and then top with the saucy chicken, chopped peanuts, carrots, green onions and then chopped cilantro.
Finally serve with a wedge of lime and a squeeze of sriracha for some delicious heat.
This recipe makes for a super simple dinner! And because these Thai chicken cauliflower rice bowls are so ridiculously simple, light and healthy, they are perfect for meal prep! When I want a super easy meal, I make this recipe because it checks all the boxes. Easy. Heathy. (most importantly) Delicious.
Quick Thai Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl
FOR THE ROASTED COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE:
- coconut spray
- 32 ounces cauliflower, riced or pearls
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 pound ground chicken, lean
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, or low-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, grated
- cornstarch slurry, 2 teaspoons cornstarch plus 2 teaspoons water
- carrots, julienned
- peanuts, chopped lightly salted
- green onions, sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 400° and spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with coconut oil spray.
- Divide the cauliflower pearls among the pans and spray with coconut oil once again. Toss with a few shakes of garlic powder and pinches of kosher salt. Roast, rotating the pans halfway for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with coconut oil and preheat on medium-medium high heat.
- Once hot, add int the ground chicken. Use a wooden spatula to break it up into crumbles and cook until no longer pink
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. In a mixing bowl, combine the broth, coconut aminos or low-sodium tamari, brown sugar, rice vinegar, lime, juice, fish sauce, lemon grass and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, pour in the sauce and increase the heat to high, bringing the sauce to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the slurry and heat until thickened.
- Divide the toasted coconut cauliflower rice among bowls, top with chicken, chopped peanuts, carrots, green onions and cilantro. Add sriracha and squeeze a wedge of lime over top before enjoying!
[this post contains affiliate links.]
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!