This Pineapple Tequila Sunrise Shandy is a cocktail mash up! A pineapple tequila sunrise meets shandy in this refreshing and beautiful drink! Serves 6 depending on glass sizes.
Last Week My Husband and I celebrate 20 years of marriage!
Pat and I met when I was in 8th grade and he was a freshman in high school. We didn’t date until a few years later (in 1995!), got married in 2001, and started our family.
On our actual anniversary I was in Ludington, Michigan with my daughter’s for a girls trip, and while we were there, a photographer came out and took Malloree’s senior pictures. Since I was going to be gone, Pat went on an annual golf trip with close friends. We had agreed to plan on celebrating after we both were home.
While I was on the beach, watching the sunset over Lake Michigan, I couldn’t help but which I had a cocktail to sip on.
But not just any cocktail. I thought this mash up of pineapple tequila sunrise (although, not quite a sunset) meets shandy would have been perfection! It’s sweet, fruity and refreshingly delicious.
To Make This Pineapple Tequila Sunrise Shandy You Will Need:
- chilled pineapple juice
- tequila blanco
- simple syrup
- sliced pineapple – optional for garnish
- maraschino cherries – optional for garnish
Start by adding 1 cup chilled pineapple juice to a pitcher or carafe.
To that, add 1-1/2 cups tequila.
And 1/2 cup simple syrup.
Stir to combine.
Fill your glasses to the top with ice.
Fill 3/4 of the way with the pineapple tequila mixture.
Top with some beer, leaving a little room at the top. Any light beer would work, we love Sol.
Place a spoon upside down over your glass.
Then slowly pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of grenadine over top.
You can also slowly pour it down the inside of the glass and allow it to settle into the bottom.
I garnish this drink with sliced pineapple and maraschino cherries threaded onto cute little umbrella skewers.
Sip and enjoy!
Click Here For More Adult Beverage Recipes!
Pineapple Tequila Sunrise Shandy
- 1 cup chilled pineapple juice
- 1½ cups tequila blanco, chilled if possible
- 1/2 cup chilled simple syrup, see notes
- Mexican beer, we like Sol
- pineapple slices, for garnish
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a pitcher, measure and add the chilled pineapple juice, tequila and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses to the top with ice. Fill 3/4 of the way full with the pineapple mixture. Top off with beer leaving 1/2 and inch at the top of the glass.
- Slowly pour 1 to 2 teaspoons (per glass) grenadine into the glass over the back of a spoon or by drizzling it down the side of the glass, allowing it to settle at the bottom of the drink.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and cherries.
TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:Add 1 cup both granulated sugar and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove and let cool completely before making this drink. Best if made in advance and refrigerated.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!