Two classic drinks collide in this Piña Colada Margarita. Coconut tequila is blended with cream of coconut and topped with a splash of pineapple juice. Yields 1 glass but can easily be doubled.
Who doesn’t love a good margarita?
While we were in Florida over spring break, I had my first piña colada and fell in love! So for cinco de mayo, I decided to combine the two cocktails for one epic tropical margarita? That’s right! Coconut tequila is whipped with cream of coconut, topped with ice and pineapple juice.
Serve this in a glass with a toasted coconut rim, because you deserve it.
To Make These Piña Colada Margaritas You Will Need:
- maple syrup or agave (for rim)
- toasted coconut (for rim)
- coconut tequila
- cream of coconut (not coconut cream)
- pineapple juice
- lime wedges
Start by adding unsweetened coconut to a skillet. Heat on medium-low and toss occasionally until fragrant and golden brown in spots.
Transfer to a mini food processor or personal blender and pulse to finely chop. Next, transfer the finely chopped toasted coconut to a shallow plate.
Dip the rim of your glass in agave or maple syrup.
And then dip the rim of the glass into the toasted coconut.
Then to your toasted coconut rimmed glass, add 3 ounces of coconut tequila. I’m using 1800 coconut tequila.
And pour in 1 ounce cream of coconut.
What Is Cream Of Coconut?
Cream of Coconut is non-alcoholic coconut cream that has been processed in a way that makes it sweet and syrupy and is primarily used as a mixer for drinks and cocktails. You can find this near the liquor isle with other mixers like grenadine and other non-alcoholic mixers. I have not tested this recipe with canned coconut cream as they are not considered to be the same.
Grab a electric mini whisk.
And blend together until slightly frothy.
Next add ice to the glass.
Top with 1-1/2 ounces pineapple juice or more to taste.
Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Sip. Sigh. Repeat.
With 3 ounces of tequila, this cocktail packs a punch so please drink responsibly.
Click Here or more fun twists on collaborating cocktails!
Piña Colada Margarita
- 1 drizzle maple syrup or agave
- unsweetened coconut
- 3 ounces coconut tequila
- 1 ounce cream of coconut
- 1½ ounces pineapple juice, or more if desired
- lime wedges, for serving
- Toast the unsweetened coconut in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Remove and pulse in a mini-food processor or personal blender. Add the chopped toasted coconut to a shallow plate.In a second shallow plate, add a little maple syrup or agave.
- Dip the rim of a rocks glass in maple syrup or agave before dipping in the toasted coconut.
- Add 3 ounces tequila to the glass with 1 ounce cream of coconut. Use a mini electric whisk and blend until frothy.
- Then add ice to the glass and top with 1½ ounces pineapple juice.
- Squeeze in a wedge of lime and sip, enjoy and then repeat.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!