This 3-ingredient Pesto Garlic Bread couldn’t be any easier! A demi baguette is halved, slathered with pesto and baked until golden and crispy. Then sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan hot out of the oven for a delicious basil parmesan garlic bread. Serves 8 (one piece per person).
You didn’t think I would share that soup and not the amazing bread I served with it, did you?
Meet the easiest garlic bread on the planet.
You only need 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes total and you have a delicious herby garlic bread ready to enjoy. It’s delicious with pasta or seafood, soup or salad. And if you love pesto (and bread) like I love pesto (and bread), you could even use it to make a sandwich.
To Make This Pesto Garlic Bread You Will Need:
- baguette (small) – These usually come in a 2-pack and sometimes are called demi baguettes. If a take and bake, bake before making the garlic bread.
- pesto – Homemade or store-bought is fine too.
- parmesan cheese – Freshly grated is best.
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Slice your small (demi) baguette in half horizontally and place on a parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet.
NOTE: If your baguette is a “take-and-bake”, bake it per package instructions before making this pesto garlic bread.
Divide 1/3 cup pesto among both halves and spread in an even layer.
Slip the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake 4 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue baking for another 3 to 4 minutes (check often in the last few minutes to avoid overly browning the bread).
The edges should be golden browned and the bottom crispy.
Immediately sprinkle with the 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. About 2 tablespoons per halve.
Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Serve with just about anything, like pasta or this tortellini pasta alla vodka soup.
Enjoy! And if you give this Pesto Garlic Bread recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Pesto Garlic Bread
- 1 small baguette, (see notes)
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Slice your small (demi) baguette in half horizontally and place on a parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Divide 1/3 cup pesto among both halves and spread in an even layer.
- Slip the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake 4 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue baking for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle each half with parmesan cheese. About 2 tablespoons per halve.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice and serve
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
What a fantastic 3 ingredient recipe. Have you ever considered adding a sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt at the end just before serving? It would give a lovely natural crunch to the bread.