The perfect peppermint whipped cream. Swirl it into coffee or hot cocoa, spoon on top of chocolate pie or devour it by the spoonful. Or check out my recipe for peppermint icebox cake!
Homemade whipped cream is where it’s all at.
I make whipped cream from scratch all the time. I like that I can control the quality of ingredients I’m using and HELLO! it’s a thousand times better than anything you can buy in a tub or can. Trust me on this.
Sometimes I make it a few hours in advance and just whisk by hand right before serving to stiffen it back up if it deflated a tad. Or freeze it, and then scoop it (after it’s thawed a smidgen) like ice cream! And let’s not forget how friends and family will give you doe-y heart-eyes knowing you just topped their pie with homemade whipped cream. <—-That’s reason enough.
Classic vanilla will always be my number 1, but peppermint may be a close second… especially with peppermint candy pieces sprinkled over top.
I always chill my mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 20 minutes or so before making whipped cream. I believe it speeds up the process and plus my mom always did it this way.
Pour in the 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
Turn the mixer on and whip it until tiny bubbles form and it has slightly thickened.
Add in 3 tablespoons of sifted powdered sugar, one tablespoon at a time. I don’t like overly sweet whipped cream but feel free to bump it up if you want a sweeter version.
I use Simply Organic peppermint flavor in my whipped cream, it smells amazing and in my opinion has the best peppermint-y flavor. #notsponsored
Add in 1 teaspoon of the peppermint extract. If you want more of a peppermint bang- increase it slowly by 1/4 teaspoon and taste as you go.
Continue to whip on medium-high speed until thick and luscious.
Lastly sprinkle on peppermint candy pieces for effect.
And then after taking pictures, I promptly licked every smidgen of whipped cream and candy off of the whisk attachment.
This peppermint whipped cream is delicious! Perfectly peppermint-y and so good swirled into coffee, spooned on top of chocolate pie or devoured by the spoonful (or whisk-ful).
Peppermint Whipped Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, more or less to taste
- Chill a glass or metal bowl and beater attachments in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes before you begin.
- Place the cream in the chilled bowl and beat on low speed until the cream has thickened slightly. Add the powdered sugar and peppermint extract and continue to mix, increasing the speed to medium, until thick.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If refrigerating, you may need to mix it again right before serving to fluff the settled whipped cream.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!