Garlic Herb Seasoning is a simple blend of herbs and spices that works great with chicken, fish and vegetables. This recipe yields about 1/3 cup.
Before long I’m going to have to turn all these seasoning and spice blends into a second business!
So many of them fill my cupboard, it’s kind of amazing.
This garlic herb blend is inspired by a brand name blend. It was sent to me back in the day when I would do freelance work for them and once I ran out, I had a hard time finding it in stores (online only I suppose) and so I turned to my overflowing spice drawer and pulled this together.
To Make This Garlic Herb Seasoning You Will Need:
- lemon pepper
- dried parsley
- dried chives
- toasted sesame seeds
- dried garlic flakes (crushed into smaller pieces)
- onion flakes (crushed into smaller pieces)
What Are The Best Spices For Making Your Own Seasonings and Spice Blends?
There’s no right or wrong brand. I will first say, buy what you can afford. However, not all spices are created equal as you tend to get what you pay for. Currently I use Morton & Bassett (not sponsored) because I find their spices to be top notch in texture, color and flavor. I love and respect what their company stands for not only with charitable work but also quality control. With that said some other wonderful brands I’ve used over the years are Simple Organic, Frontier Co-op and Penzys.
It’s as easy as measuring out 2 tablespoons lemon pepper, 1-1/2 tablespoons dried parsley, 1 tablespoon dried chives, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons dried garlic and 2 teaspoons onion flakes both of these crushed into smaller pieces into a clean, dry jar that has a tight fitting lid.
I really love the contrast of colors in this seasoning blend. The bright yellows with flecks of green in this garlic herb seasoning look great sprinkled over grilled vegetables or chicken and fish.
For more homemade spice and seasoning blends, CLICK HERE!
Garlic Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon minced dried garlic, crushed into smaller pieces*
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion, crushed into smaller pieces*
- Bernardin Mason Jars - 250 mL - Wide
- Measure and add all of the herbs and spices into a jar or container with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in a dark, dry place for up to 6 months or longer.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!