Spread the love this year by making your own Speculoos Cookie Butter! It’s SO easy! Homemade Speculoos Cookies are ground into crumbs and mixed with a handful of ingredients. Yields 1 cup in minutes.
Yes, it’s true. I made Speculoos Cookies just so I could make Speculoos cookie butter.
And it doesn’t stop there, you should see what I did with the cookie butter! Cookie butter has been a trending thing for quite a while now. It’s baked into bread, slathered on toast and my favorite… enjoyed by the spoonful. It’s so good, I’m thinking of all the other cookie butters I can make.
To Make This Homemade Speculoos Cookie Butter You Will Need:
- homemade Speculoos Cookies
- unsalted butter
- sweetened condensed milk
- evaporated milk
- vanilla extract
In the bowl of your food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, break up 6 cookies.
Note: this recipe was developed using this recipe. If using other Speculoos Cookies, the amount will be different and could alter the results.
Secure the lid and process until the crumbs are fine and there aren’t any large pieces of cookie.
To the crumbs, add 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoons evaporated milk and a splash of vanilla extract.
Once the lid is secured, process until it resembles peanut butter. This is close, but not quite there yet.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides to make sure all the ingredients are being incorporated.
This is what it should look like.
Creamy. Dreamy. Delicious.
It’s magical stuff, this cookie butter.
Homemade Speculoos Cookie Butter Recipe
- 6 speculoos cookies, homemade
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To the bowl of your food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, roughly break up the cookies and toss them in. Secure the lid and process into a very fine crumb.
- To the crumbs, add the softened butter, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla. Process until the mixture resembles peanut butter.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the cookie butter into a glass jar and secure a tight fitting lid. Store in the fridge
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!