This Holiday Caprese Wreath is festive and simple! Tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil are skewered and stacked and shaped into a wreath. Serve with balsamic glaze, salt and pepper and crostini (and wine!).
There’s something about an appetizer wreath that is irresistible.
You may remember, last year I made an antipasto wreath. It was a huge hit. So big that I decided to make a caprese version because who doesn’t love caprese? Especially shaped like a wreath. Two words: show stopper.
Serve it with crostini, homemade balsamic reductions (I.e glaze). Wine is optional yet highly recommended when entertaining.
To Make This Holiday Caprese Wreath You Will Need:
- small cherry or grape tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella ciliegine
- fresh basil leaves
- rosemary sprigs (fresh)
- balsamic glaze
- kosher salt
- black pepper
Prep the tomatoes by washing them and patient them dry. Drain and rinse the mozzarella, pat them dry before slicing each one in half. Lastly pick the fresh basil leaves and quickly rinse and pat dry as well.
How you skewer them is up to you. Thread a tomato, cheese and basil. You can even double up the tomatoes if you want. There really is no rules for these. However you need around 35 to 40 skewers total.
Arrange on a platter or large plate in the shape of a wreath. Then tuck in little rosemary sprigs to give it that wreath-like vibe.
A little crostini with caprese drizzled with balsamic glaze is the perfect bite.
Holiday Caprese Wreath
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint gold cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container fresh mozzarella Ciliegine
- 35 to 40 basil leaves
- 35 to 40 3-inch skewers
- reduced balsamic, glaze
- kosher salt, for serving
- freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- crostini, for serving - optional
- Rinse the tomatoes and pat them dry. Repeat with the basil.
- Next, drain the mozzarella, rinse and pat dry before slicing each one in half.
- Thread a tomato, a mozzarella half and basil leaf onto a 3-inch skewer. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving platter or large plate in the shape of a wreath.
- Serve with reduced balsamic glaze, kosher salt, ground black pepper and crostini.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!