In this Greek yogurt Coleslaw Dressing, plain Greek yogurt is mixed with a touch of mayo, lemon juice, vinegar and spices for a much lighter coleslaw dressing!
I’ve started quite the collection of easy Greek yogurt dressings this year. All of which are dressings that I frequently use and would normally just purchase at the store. But not any more! First it was this creamy ranch, then this super delicious caesar and now this coleslaw dressing – which yes, is for coleslaw but also doubles as a sweet and tangy dressing for any salad! Trust me on this.
I took my original recipe and substitute 2/3 of the mayo with Greek yogurt. Really that’s all I did differently. Oh and since I was planning on using this as a salad dressing and not for coleslaw, I omitted the celery seed – hence why it’s not in the ingredient shot below.
To Make This Greek Yogurt Coleslaw Dressing You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- lemon juice
- white distilled vinegar
- dry mustard
- celery seed (optional)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Simply add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1-1/2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon both dry mustard and kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. And if you’re wanting celery seed, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon.
If you have ever tried plain, nonfat Greek yogurt, then you’re well aware of the punch to your tastebuds. However, I’ve believe that adding a smidgen of mayo, really rounds off that sharp tangy edge.
Shake well to combine, making sure that honey is evenly throughout. You may even want to stir with a spatula to get the honey out of the corners of the jar.
That’s it! Still that familiar slightly tangy and slightly sweet slaw dressing you know and love, yet just much lower in fat.
For more Greek yogurt salad dressings CLICK HERE!
Greek Yogurt Coleslaw Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, optional
- In a glass jar or container with a tight fitting lid, combine the greek yogurt, mayo, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, dry mustard, salt and pepper and celery seed -if using.
- Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Making sure the honey is mixed well throughout.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!