Not a fan of store-bought garlic bread? Me either. This Easy Parmesan Herb Garlic Bread is not only quick to whip up but also incredibly delicous. A quick compound butter consisting of fresh garlic, herbs, a touch of mayo and grated parmesan is smeared onto thick slices of italian bread and baked until crispy and golden. Ready in minutes to serve with your favorite soup or pasta dish!
Easy is the name of this game and once you see how quick you can prep homemade garlic bread, you will never buy store-bout again.
This recipe came to be when I needed something to go with a soup I make on the reg. A dipper, but not just hunks of bread. Although any form of bread is never a bad idea. But this particular tomato based soup (a recipe I will be sharing next week) needed something extra special. And these are sturdy enough to dip into soup or stew and the flavor is ridiculously delicious.
To Make This Easy Parmesan Herb Garlic Bread You Will Need:
- softened unsalted butter
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- snipped fresh chives
- kosher salt
- a loaf Italian bread
In a small mixing bowl, measure and add in 1 stick softened unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon freshly grated garlic, 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
You can get pre-grated garlic in squeeze tubes at most grocery stores, which saves so much time!
Mix well until thoroughly combined.
Slice the loaf into 8 thick pieces. Hopefully you won’t get one with a whole in the middle. :/
Slather a generous amount on each slice, then slide the pan onto the middle rack f your preheated 475° for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden, crispy. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
I wish you could smell this!
Easy Parmesan Herb Garlic Bread
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 475°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combin butter, cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, chives and salt. Blend well until combined.
- Slice the italian loaf into about 1-inch slices.
- Slather the parmesan herb butter generously on each slice.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 10 minutes, rotating halfway to ensure even browning.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!