This Crunchy Asian Veggie Salad has plethora of colorful, crunchy and nutritious veggies like Napa and purple cabbage, bok choy (love!), sweet bell pepper and carrots are sliced and tossed with bean sprouts, green onions, peanuts and sesame seeds drizzled with the most addictive honey ginger peanut dressing. This recipe makes a big salad so it’s great for parties, gatherings or for a weeks worth of salad for lunch!
Let’s talk Veggies.
Especially in salad form make me happy! A few days a week I try to eat a salad for lunch. Not your basic salad of iceberg, tomato, cucumber etc. but a salad that packed with colorful goodness.
A few months ago I jotted down the idea for this slaw like salad. In it was/is cabbage, carrot, green onion and some kind of peanut vinaigrette, was pretty much the jist of my inspiration for this recipe. When I was looking back through my spiral bound notebook for something to make, I decided to expand on this thought/recipe and make it better, more colorful. So I threw in two kinds of cabbage, sliced baby bok choy –which is deliciously crunchy when raw and in salads– and made a honey ginger peanut dressing.
If veggies are your thing like they are mine, this crunch Asian vegetable salad will not disappoint..
Make The Honey Ginger Peanut Dressing:
If you make Asian-inspired recipes, then you most likely have all the ingredients on hand. To make this dressing you will need: 1-1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced fine or grated), 1 small to medium-ish clove of garlic, grated fine. Also, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup peanut oil, 1/4 cup (unseasoned) rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari (for gluten free) or low-sodium soy sauce, 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (more or less to taste).
Whisk all of these together until smooth, set aside so the flavors can gel and then move on to the prep.
Look at allthecolors! I’m a total freak about colors in a salad. I love a good rainbow mix of veggies, it’s satisfies my color OCD.
In this gigantic bowl we have: 1 head Napa cabbage, 1/3 of a small head of purple cabbage, 1 pound (about 3) baby bok choy, 1 medium red bell pepper and about 3 green onions… all are sliced. You’ll also need 1 to 2 carrots, grated and 1 cup or so of (rinsed) bean sprouts.
Use tongs to toss this all together with a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds.
Divy up the salad among bowls and drizzle with the honey ginger peanut dressing. I top mine with extra peanuts, green onions and if I had any, chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
This crunchy Asian veggie salad with honey ginger peanut dressing is colorful, healthy, easy and delicious. To. Die. For.
Click Here For More Salad Inspirations!
Enjoy! And if you give this Crunchy Asian Veggie Salad recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Crunchy Asian Veggie Salad with Honey Ginger Peanut Dressing
FOR THE HONEY GINGER PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, grated fine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head Napa cabbage, sliced
- 1/3 head purple cabbage, sliced (about 1 to 2 cups)
- 1 pound about 3 baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 to 2 carrots, grated
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
MAKE THE DRSSING:
- In a small bowl measure and add in the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, honey, peanut oil, rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil and salt. Whisk until smooth and all of the ingredients are incorporated. Set off to the side so the ingredients can gel.
MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cabbage, baby bok choy, bell pepper, carrots, green onions, bean sprouts and toasted sesame seeds. Add in 3/4 cup of the peanuts and the chopped cilantro (if using). Toss more to combine, before divvying up the salad among plates (or bowls) and drizzling with the honey ginger peanut dressing.
- Serve with extra peanuts, sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro as garnish.
Honey ginger peanut dressing lovingly adapted from Food.com.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply