Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chickpeas are so simple, healthy and make for a deliciously spicy and addictive snack. I love adding them to soups and salads, or eating them by the handful!
If You Need A Reason To Buy an Air Fryer… Let this be the one.
Besides the fact you don’t have to turn on your oven, crisping chickpeas in the air fryer takes a fraction of the time and oil! OH and I can’t accidentally leave them in the oven too long and burn them! They’re basically foolproof and is the only way I make them now.
To Make These Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chickpeas You Will Need:
- canned chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- buffalo sauce – store bought or homemade
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
First empty a can of chickpeas into a colander and rinse well with water. Shake and drain off any excess water. You of course can pat these dry if you wish, but I don’t.
Next, drizzle with 1-1/2 tablespoons buffalo sauce.
Then season with 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir well to coat.
Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 390 to 400° – depending on your make and model.
What Is Air Frying?
An air fryer is a counter top appliance that requires less oil (anything from a few spritz to 1 tablespoon) yet produces crispy food that rivals most deep fried foods. By using circulating hot air, it moves at a high speed so the food tends to cook in a fraction of the time.
There are a bunch of different makes and models of air fryers. My husband did the research (as he’s known to do) and found this air fryer [affiliate] to be one of the best. But do your research and purchase one that fits your lifestyle.
How is Air Frying Healthier?
Air frying is healthier because only a thin layer of oil coats the food and when the hot air comes in contact it will crisp. Saving you a ton of fat and calories (without sacrificing any flavor!) because food is not being submerged in a vat of hot oil.
Keep in mind, not all air fryers are equal. Some preheat and some do not. Some are smaller than others therefore you may need to work in smaller batches to air fry.
For more Air Fryer recipes, click here for my growing collection.
Once your air fryer has preheated, spray the basket with olive oil spray. Add in the buffalo coated chickpeas, lightly spray with olive oil, shake and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes OR until crispy. Continue shaking the basket every couple of minutes to prevent sticking.
I really wish you could smell this.
That’s it my friends! These buffalo chickpeas are their crispiest right out of the air fryer and do lose a little crunch (although still freaking delicious!) as they sit. You can always crisp them back up by reheating them in the air fryer!
Eat as a snack, top your favorite salad or soup for a delicious spicy kick.
Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1½ tablespoons [buffalo sauce]
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 390° or 400° (depending on make and model).
- In a medium bowl, add rinsed chickpeas, buffalo sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Use a spatula and toss well until coated.
- Once your air fryer is preheated, spray the basket with the olive oil spray. Add your coated chickpeas and lightly spray with oil. Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes - or until crispy. Shaking the basket periodically to prevent sticking.
- Once crispy, allow the chickpeas to cool in the basket before transferring to a bowl.
- If needed, the next day, these can crisp back up with just a few minutes in the air fryer.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!