These Cinnamon Sugar Swirled Pancake Muffins are fun and delicious! Pancake batter swirled with cinnamon sugar and baked in a muffin tin. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup!
Pancakes and muffins collide in this fun treat!
Tender, moist pancake muffins swirled with brown sugar and cinnamon – seriously, what’s not to love? Our favorite part is the crisp sugary topping with the maple syrup drizzled over top. SO GOOD! Definitely a fun treat to bake on the weekend.
Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch or evening treat!
To Make These Cinnamon Sugar Pancake Muffins You Will Need:
- non-stick baking spray with flour – Thee best way to ensure your muffins come out of the pan in one piece.
- light brown sugar – For a touch of sweetness and caramel-y flavor.
- cinnamon – Lends a distinct warm and woodsy flavor.
- unbleached all-purpose flour – The base to the muffin batter.
- granulated sugar – For sweetening and flavor.
- baking powder – Will create lightness in the batter, which makes it rise.
- baking soda – Creates a gas while baking which helps the cake rise.
- fine salt – Use either sea salt or pink himalayan.
- buttermilk – Adds a pleasant tanginess.
- eggs – Set out 30 minutes before using or let sit in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- vanilla extract – Adds warmth and enhances all of the other flavors in this recipe.
- unsalted butter – Lends moisture, richness and flavor.
- real maple syrup – For drizzling over the muffins when serving.
Preheat yoru oven to 350° and lightly spray a standard muffin pan with non-stick baking spray with flour.
Then, in a small bowl, toss in 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
Stir or whisk and set aside.
Into a mixing bowl, measure and add in 2 cups of all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon fine salt.
Use a whisk to stir and combine.
Measure 1-1/3 cups buttermilk.
WHAT TYPE OF BUTTERMILK TO USE IN BAKING?
Regular buttermilk is always my first choice and I love Guernsey brand (not sponsored!). Not only because Guernsey is a local Michigan brand but also because of their high standards and quality products. With that said, with most recipes calling for buttermilk, low-fat and regular buttermilk can be used interchangeably. And if ever in a pinch you can mix milk with lemon juice or white vinegar, let it sit for 5 minutes and you will get a tangy mixture quite similar to buttermilk.
To the buttermilk, crack in 2 large eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Whisk or beat with a fork to incorporate.
Now pour the wet into the dry ingredients.
Mix until just about combined.
Pour in 1/4 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter.
Mix one last time, but just until the butter is incorporated.
Measure and add 2 tablespoons of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over top
Divide the remaining batter over each muffin (about 1-1/2 tablespoons each).
Now comes the fun part. Grab a toothpick or skewer.
Starting in the center and swirl outwards.
Lastly sprinkle with a little bit more of the cinnamon sugar. Slide the muffin tin onto the middle rack of your preheated 350° oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating the pan half way.
Once baked, remove and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
Drizzle maple syrup over top right before serving.
Grab a fork and dig in!
Click Here For More Muffin Recipes!
Cinnamon Sugar Swirled Pancake Muffins
- non-stick baking spray with flour
FOR THE CINNAMON BROWN SUGAR:
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⅓ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick baking spray with flour.
MAKE THIS CINNAMON BROWN SUGAR:
- In a small bowl, measure and add the cinnamon and brown sugar. Whisk or stir to combine, breaking up any clumps. Set aside.
MAKE THE MUFFINS:
- In a mixing bowl measure and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure the buttermilk and add in the eggs and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just about combined.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of the batter and add it into greased muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon brown sugar over top. Divide the remaining batter over top of each muffin (about 1½ tablespoons).
- Starting in the center, use a toothpick or skewer and swirl the batter outwards. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon brown sugar over top if desired.
- Slide the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted into the middle.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Once safe to handle, remove the muffins form the pan.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!