Cinnamon Roasted Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes is a quick, impressive and incredibly delicious side dish. Tender sweet potatoes in a sticky, sweet cinnamon and subtly spicy glaze. Yields 6 servings in about 40 minutes.
Easy and delicious side dish alert!
You didn’t think I would share a recipe for garlic hot honey and not follow it up with a recipe, did you? These caramelized, sweet potatoes are life. Sweet, deliciously spiced with a little back of the throat heat and glazed to sticky perfection. I literally ate these straight off the platter as if they were an appetizer. SO. GOOD.
And BONUS they’re simple enough for a weeknight meal, but special enough for the holidays.
To Make These Cinnamon Roasted Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- avocado or olive oil
- garlic hot honey
- fine salt
- red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
Start by scrubbing 4 sweet potatoes. Pat them dry and then dice into 1-inch or so pieces. I personally do not peel the sweet potatoes in this recipe for two reasons.
Reason one: sweet potato skin is rich in antioxidants, fiber and nutrients like magnesium, potassium. And not to mention vitamins A, C and E. Why throw all that goodness away? Reason number two: I’m lazy and hate peeling potatoes.
Next drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
Next drizzle with 1/4 cup garlic hot honey. OR substitute with regular hot honey (no garlic) or just plain old-fashioned honey.
Season with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon fine salt.
Toss well to coat with a spatula.
Spread evenly and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
I know what you’re thinking, but just you wait.
Give the sweet potatoes one last toss in that magical sticky glaze.
Pile them onto a serving platter, sprinkle with a few pinches red pepper flakes and some freshly ground black pepper and watch them disappear.
I’m a big fan of the sweet with subtle heat. But mix that with the sticky glaze and crispy edges?! I die. Once you try them, you’ll know what I mean. It’s love after the first bite. YUM!
Enjoy! And if you give this Cinnamon Roasted Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Cinnamon Roasted Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled and diced (about 1¼ pound)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or extra light olive oil,
- 1/4 cup garlic hot honey, regular hot honey or plain honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt, more or less to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- 1 to 2 pinches red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to lined, rimmed metal baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss well to combine.
- Arrange in a single layer and roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork tender. Rotate the pan halfway through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with some of the honey mixture from the pan.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
lovely sweet potato recipe, love the cinnamon flavors, thank you