Spice up your lunch this week with this Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad! Grilled adobo seasoned chicken is chopped and tossed with jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and greek yogurt. Serve with tortilla chips or in a wrap in a tortilla or lettuce leaf. Serves 4 to 6 depending.
Hands down our favorite lunch this summer!
A delicious grilled chicken salad with jalapeños, avocado, cilantro and lime – made lighter with greek yogurt. I mean, what’s not to love? I usually will make this on Sunday and proceed to eat all week long. Not only is it healthy, but flavorful and SO simple.
My favorite way to serve this salad is either with Siete chips or tucked in a whole grain wrap with a few shakes of Tapatio.
Light and fresh, and did I mention?.. good for you too!
To Make This Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad You Will Need:
- adobo seasoning
- black pepper
- olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- red onion
- greek yogurt
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- lime juice
In a mixing bowl, measure and add; 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. To that, add 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil.
Stir to combine.
Add in 1 to 1 and 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Use tong to toss and coat the chicken in the spice mixture.
Preheat your grill to 500°. Once hot, grill the chicken for 7 to 8 minute or until fully cooked and no longer pink.
Once cooked, remove the chicken and let cool/rest for about 10 minutes or so before giving it a fine chop.
Add the chopped chicken to a bowl with 1/3 cup finely diced red onion, 1 diced jalapeño (remove seeds for less heat) and roughly 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro.
Then measure and add 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 3/4 teaspoon chili powder and salt to taste (I use about 3/4 teaspoon).
Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 to 1 full lime – you can do this to taste.
Toss to combine.
Lastly, add in 1 large diced avocado
Carefully mix the avocado into the chicken salad. I like to add the avocado last so it keeps its shape. Taste and add more salt or lime juice as desired.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips…
Or into a healthy wrap with crisp lettuce for extra crunch. Add hot sauce, salsa or shredded Mexican cheese if desired.
STORING THIS CHICKEN SALAD:
Transfer remaining Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad to a bowl.
Press plastic wrap closely to the salad and press to remove and block as much air as possible. This will keep it green and fresh longer.
Cover tightly and refrigerated up to 4 days.
Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra light
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño, finely diced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, ,more or less to taste
- 1/2 to 1 whole lime, juiced (to taste)
- 1 large avocado, chopped
MAKE THE CHICKEN:
- Preheat your grill to 500°.
- In a medium bowl, combine adobo, paprika, black pepper and oil. Stir to combine. Add thin cut chicken breast and toss to coat.
- Once the grill has preheated, grill the chicken 3 to 4 minutes a side or untill fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Transfert grilled chicken to a cutting board and allow the chicken to rest 5 minutes before finely chopping.
MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a large mixing bowl combine; chopped chicken, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, greek yogurt, chili powder, salt, lime juice - to taste and toss to combine.
- Lastly add in the diced avocado, gently toss to combine and taste adding more salt or lime juice as needed.
- Serve as is with tortilla chips or in a healthy wrap or large outer romaine leaf.
STORE THE SALAD:
- To store, transfer remaining salad to a bowl. Press plastic wrap closely to the salad to remove and block as much air as possible.
- Cover tightly and refrigerated up to 4 days.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!