Blackberry Hazelnut Spring Salad is a simple salad bursting with sweet and juicy blackberries, toasted hazelnuts and tangy goat cheese. All of this on a bed of peppery arugula, spring greens, fresh herbs and drizzled with a creamy champagne vinaigrette. Serve as is or with grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon… really anything. This recipe will serve 4 to 6 depending.
Is it me or are blackberries underrated?
I absolutely love their sweetness and they pair perfectly with tangy goat cheese and toasted hazelnuts. Enter this beautiful simple salad. Not only is it gorgeous but it’s absolutely delicious. Peppery arugula and a mix of baby spring greens are topped with fresh herbs, crumbled goat cheese, toasted chopped hazelnuts and drizzled with a creamy champagne vinaigrette.
Sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones.
To Make This Blackberry Hazelnut Spring Salad You Will Need:
for the creamy champagne vinaigrette
- champagne vinegar
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
for the salad
- baby arugula
- spring mix
- toasted chopped hazelnuts
- crumbled goat cheese
First things first, make the creamy champagne vinaigrette. You will need 1/4 cup champagne vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less to taste) and some freshly ground black pepper.
Add it all into a mini food processor, blender or magic bullet.
Process until combined and creamy.
Taste and adjust seasoning by adding more salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To build the salad, start by arranging 2 to 3 ounces each baby arugula and mixed spring greens on a large platter or serving bowl. Top with fresh torn basil and mint leaves. Measure the herbs using your heart – it’s up to you!
Top with 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts, 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese and 8 ounces rinsed blackberries.
Lastly drizzle with the creamy champagne vinaigrette and season with more black pepper if desired.
So pretty, simple and impressive.
Serve as a vegetarian main or serve with grilled chicken or shrimp, however I think salmon would be amazing (and stunning) as well.
Enjoy! And if you give this recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Blackberry Hazelnut Spring Salad
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1-2 pinches black pepper, freshly ground
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 to 3 ounces baby arugula
- 2 to 3 ounces spring mix
- fresh mint leaves, to taste
- torn fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 8 ounces blackberries
TO PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- In a blender, mini food processor or magic bullet, measure and add the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, kosher salt (more or less to taste) and black pepper.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
TO PREPARE THE SALAD:
- Arrange the baby arugula and mixed spring greens on a large platter or serving bowl. Top with fresh torn basil and mint leaves. Measure the herbs using your heart – it’s up to you!
- Top with hazelnuts, goat cheese and blackberries. Drizzle with the vinaigrette top with more ground black pepper if desired.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply