Baileys Chocolate Pistachio Fudge is boozy chocolatey perfection! A velvety, Irish cream liqueur infused chocolate fudge studded with lightly salted chopped pistachios.
If you need me, you can find me binge watching Love is Blind with a few of these boozy nuggets and a glass of red wine. It’s the perfect sweet treat at the end of a busy day.
Or any day for that matter.
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s day, I decided to make a boozy fudge and add a pop of green and gold with some chopped pistachios. I love the combination of chocolate and nuts. Smooth and creamy with a little crunchy nuttiness. And pistachios are one of my favorites. Who knew making homemade fudge can be so easy? It comes together quickly, all you need is a handful of ingredients and in a few hours (chill time) and you have a perfectly sweet, melt in your mouth, chocolaty fudge. sign. me. up.
If you weren’t a fudge person before, you will be now. Promise.
To Make This Baileys Chocolate Pistachio Fudge You Will Need:
- semi sweet chocolate
- sweetened condensed milk
- Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur – Homemade or store-bought.
- pure vanilla extract
- shelled and lightly salted pistachios
In a bowl that’s set over a pot of simmering water, add 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate.
To that, pour in 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk. Heat slowly, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has completely melted.
Last year, I made several attempts at making my own sweetened condensed milk and have yet to master it. So if you have a fool proof method, I would so appreciate it if you would share!
Meanwhile, coarsely chop up 1/3 cup shelled pistachios.
As the chocolate melts and combines with the condensed milk it will get thick and fudgey. Have no fears…
Because when you pour in 1/4 cup Baileys Irish cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, it will balance and thin it out.
Gently stir until combined and the mixture is creamy and smooth. If you there are lumps of unmelted chocolate, go ahead and set it back onto the pot of simmering water for a moment while stirring.
Lastly, stir in the chopped pistachios.
Someone hand me a spoon!
Transfer the chocolate pistachio mixture to a lined 8×8 pan or loaf pan, preferably with straight sides.
With an offset spatula, spread it smooth.
Pop this into your fridge for a few hours or overnight until set.
Once set, it’s ready to cut.
I use a ruler to measure even 1 inch or so pieces.
These would be a great addition to a dessert table or served with a cup of coffee or glass of wine. And Netflix.
For More Chocolaty Sweet Treats Click Here!
Enjoy! And if you give this Baileys Chocolate Pistachio Fudge recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Baileys Chocolate Pistacho Fudge
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pistachios, lightly salted and shelled
- LIne a 8x8 pan with parchement paper.
- Place chopped chocolate and sweetened condensed milk over a pot of shallow simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Once the chocolate has melted with the condensed milk (it should be thick and fudgy) pour in the Baileys and vanilla. Carefully stir until smooth.
- Add in the chopped pistachos and stir to combine
- Pour the chocolate pistachio mixture into the prepared pan and spread smooth with an offset spatula.
- Pop the fudge into the fridge to chill for 2 hour to overnight or until set.
- Use the parchement paper to lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut and serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
This looks like a winner for me…can’t wait to try it. Gotta invest in some Bailey’s first. Meanwhile, I came across this the other day and was thinking about making my own, too. https://www.thespruceeats.com/make-sweetened-condensed-milk-three-ways-3034193