Air Fryer Blackened Salmon is simple and flavorful. Salmon filets are seasoned with a homemade blackened seasoning blend, misted with ghee oil spray and air fried until perfectly cooked. Serves 4.
Blackened is one of my favorite ways to enjoy salmon.
It’s delicious flaked and tucked into tacos, on salads or on its own with a squeeze of lemon and served with rice and broccoli. I usually prep a few filets in advance to have for lunch throughout the week or after my evening yoga class. Not only is blackened salmon deliciously flavorful and slightly spicy, but it’s also SO incredibly easy. All you need is 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes. And an air fryer.
You’re going to love this quick and easy salmon recipe.
To Make Blackened Salmon You Will Need:
- salmon filets – Preferably wild caught.
- ghee oil spray – Adds moisture and helps brown the spices and form a crust.
- blackened seasoning – Homemade or store-bought.
Preheat your air fryer to 390° to 400° – depending on your make and model.
What Is Air Frying?
- An air fryer is a counter top appliance that requires less oil (anything from a few spritz to 1 tablespoon) yet produces crispy food that rivals most deep fried foods. By using circulating hot air, it moves at a high speed so the food tends to cook in a fraction of the time.
- There are a bunch of different makes and models of air fryers. My husband did the research (as he’s known to do) and found this air fryer [affiliate] to be one of the best. But do your research and purchase one that fits your lifestyle.
How is Air Frying Healthier?
- Air frying is healthier because only a thin layer of oil coats the food and when the hot air comes in contact it will crisp. Saving you a ton of fat and calories (without sacrificing any flavor!) because food is not being submerged in a vat of hot oil.
- Keep in mind, not all air fryers are equal. Some preheat and some do not. Some are smaller than others therefore you may need to work in smaller batches to air fry.
For more Air Fryer recipes, click here for my growing collection.
Lightly mist the filets with ghee oil spray.
Season generously with 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of blackened seasoning.
Season all sides of each filet.
Arrange filets on the insert of your air fryer and lightly mist again with ghee oil spray.
Air fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Enjoy! And if you give this Air Fryer Blackened Salmon recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- ghee nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- Preheat your air fryer to 390° or 400°, depending on your make and model.
- Lightly mist your salmon with olive oil spray. Generously season the top and sides of each filet and lightly spray one last time.
- Place salmon onto your air fryer insert and air fry for 8 to 9 minutes or until flakes easily.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
This was so good!