Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins

I do love me some zucchini. Bake it, grill it… turn it into fries. There’s so much you can do with that veg, but my favorite? Bake it into to something yummy. Yummy never gets old.

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins ll www.SimplyScratch.com

So you guys, we’re in full-on zucchini season and right about now is when you might be wondering what exactly should you make with all that green?! Well my zucchini-loving-friends… I’ve got your answer.

By the way I’m still hoping for a huge zucchini from my mom’s garden… {*ahem* mother} so I can make my uber moist zucchini bread. And like me, I’m sure most of you are likely to know someone who is more than willing to hand over a few fruits from their labor, if so… go for the zucchini. I always get so excited when a friend gives me a few of their tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, jalapenos or zucchini… fresh garden veggies taste the b-e-s-t and I just love and appreciate those kinds of friends.

stuff and a sneak

In this recipe I’m featuring STAR’s newest olive oils… butter flavored olive oil. Yuuup… go ahead a swap it out for a recipe that calls for butter. I’ve already used it in pancakes, waffles and on grilled corn. Seriously… you will love it! Here is the link to more info and a handy-dandy conversion chart!

Sooo I think you need to make these muffins. These loaded zucchini muffins have not only the lovely zucchini but grated carrots, toasted pecans and dried cherries, YES! So so SO much going on… and they’re pretty darn good for you too! So good for you that I declare you have them for breakfast!

Ps… that’s my youngest… she’s always up to something, that silly girl. #sneakattack #photobomb #cutesetbrunetteieverknew

chop chop

Chop up the toasted pecans and dried cherries.

grated

Grate up a cup and half of zucchini and a cup of grated carrot. Be careful when shredding… I had vegetable shrapnel everywhere!

grated zucchini and carrot

Throw them in a bowl together.

butter flavored olive oil

Beat an egg and a couple of tablespoons of STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil…

1 beaten egg plus Butter flavored olive oil

Add pour those into the bowl.

stir

Mix it… mix it goood.

dry stuff

Add all of the dried ingredients in separate bowl and whisk… whisk it good. sorry.

dry goods in

Add in the dry goods…

the nuts and cherries

… the chopped nuts and cherries {YUM!}…

fill the muffin liners

All that’s left to do is to fill those liners!

bake

Oh and bake them… that’s always a good idea. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins - www.SimplyScratch.com

Ps… my husband and I may or may not have polished off 3 each.

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins  www.SimplyScratch.com

They are super moist {gah… I know, twice I said it in one post!} and the toasty nuts and sweet cherries… they’re killing me smalls!

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins - www.SimplyScratch.com

For a coupon for your own bottle of STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil or other fab STAR products… simply click here!

more butter

Now… all this muffin talk has me needing another muffin… extra butter please.

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins ll www.SimplyScratch.com

Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins

These healthy muffins are loaded to the max with zucchini, carrot, toasted pecans and dried cherries!

Yield: 12 muffins

Cook Time: 15-18 minutes

1-1/2 cups grated Zucchini

1 cup grated Carrot

1 whole Egg

2 tablespoons STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil

1 cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 cup Sugar

1 teaspoon Kosher Salt

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

1/3 cup Chopped Pecans

1/4 cup chopped Dried Cherries

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.

In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In a large bowl combine the grated zucchini, carrot, one egg and butter flavored olive oil.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Lastly, add in the chopped pecans and dried cherries. Stir and divide among the muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.

Let cool slightly before serving.

19 Responses to “Loaded Zucchini Carrot Muffins”

Rachel Cooks — August 23, 2013 at 7:53 am

These look awesome! I’d polish off 3 too…or 4…or 5.

• simplyscratch replied: — August 24th, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Thank you Rachel! :)

Tieghan Gerard — August 23, 2013 at 8:10 am

I love baking with zucchini! I just mad some muffins the other day, but I could use a fresh new batch! These look awesome!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — August 23, 2013 at 10:13 am

I love zucchini bread or muffins! I love the addition of pecans and dried cherries. Some of my favorite cookies are oatmeal, peacan, cheery cookies, so I know I’d love these muffins!

Steph (Poupette in the Kitchen) — August 23, 2013 at 10:46 am

looks amazing Laurie! have you tried to go full on savory too? I’m thinking calamatas and feta cubes… mmmm

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — August 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Zucchini muffins are my favorite!

Cate @ Chez CateyLou — August 23, 2013 at 3:18 pm

These look great! So much goodness packed into one little muffin, I love it!!

• simplyscratch replied: — August 24th, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

Thank you Cate! These little babies are so so good!

Elana @ The Inventive Vegetarian — August 23, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Ooooooh, these look delicious! I’ve been on such a zucchini kick lately, I will definitely have to try these out!

Janet Sarandon — August 24, 2013 at 12:34 am

Wow! I always love healthy muffins. This recipe really looks so delicious. I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing! :-D

Jeanne (NanaBread) — August 24, 2013 at 9:24 am

I love these, and not just because they’re a double rainbow of colors. Your muffins have some of my favorite things, all combined in one convenient package. I need a batch of these STAT!

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — August 25, 2013 at 1:21 pm

One of my fave ways to eat these veggies!!! What a sweet little recipe!

Pasta-recipes — September 5, 2013 at 3:59 am

I do not really like sweets, so this recipe for vegetable muffins is perfect for me. These muffins have not as many calories as ordinary.

Sara — March 27, 2014 at 6:08 am

I found this recipe through a Google search and made them for my 9 month old (minus the nuts and cherries) and they came out SO DELISH!!!! They just came out of the oven and I’m in love. I halved the sugar (again because it’s for a baby) and they were still amazing. Thank you so much!

marlene young — April 6, 2014 at 4:48 pm

These muffins are AMAZING! I am not a baker but this recipe sparked my interest. As soon as I tasted them I printed this recipe to keep. I sprinked nuts on top and they look beautiful. My husband and kids loved them!

• Laurie McNamara replied: — April 9th, 2014 @ 9:30 pm

I’m so glad Marlene! Love the nuts on top, I’ll have to try that! Thanks for returning and leaving a comment :)

marlene young — April 6, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Oh and I did not add dried cherries;)

Christine H. — April 29, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I tried making these but they didn’t turn out well. I ended up cooking them for almost 30min and they were still gooey. And they were completely stuck to the liner. :(

1. Pingback: Vegetables you can add to Sweet Desserts - Cooking Tips, Divine Healthy Food, Food and Eating - Divine Glowing Health