Nutella Pecan Pie | A Tasty Kitchen Recipe!

Pies. I know traditionally it’s Thanksgiving = pie and Christmas = cookies…. but this isn’t your regular ol’ pie.

The filing is gooey, pecan-y and I could really just sit there and eat it with a spoon or shovel…

BUT Megan {Country Cleaver} takes pecan pie up a notch by smearing Nutella on the bottom of the pie crust. I love Nutella. I love Megan. I love THIS PIE!

So move aside Christmas cookies… there’s a new pie in town.

Get the recipe and the step-by-step post over at Tasty Kitchen and see for yourself why I love this pie oh-so much!

14 Responses to “Nutella Pecan Pie | A Tasty Kitchen Recipe!”

Antonia @ Health Inspirations — December 20, 2012 at 7:37 am

Adding nutella on top of the pie crust is such a great idea. I’ve only ever tried it with jams / preserves. But I think nutella makes it taste even better!!!

• simplyscratch replied: — December 20th, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

Antonia it’s AMAZING! :) I like the idea of jams… hmmm *wheels are turning* :)

Eat.Style.Play — December 20, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Good Lord….this looks so sinful and delicious!

Kathryn — December 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm

This pie sounds really incredible, love Megan’s addition of Nutella!

Jenny @ BAKE — December 20, 2012 at 1:57 pm

nutella over the base! my friend would go crazy for that! I can’t wait to surprise her with this recipe!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Mama. Mia. In. My. Face.

Susan — December 20, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Must admit, it looks delectable swimming in the little lake of ice cream … you had me at Nutella!

• simplyscratch replied: — December 20th, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

Thanks Susan! I used butter pecan ice cream and it just added to the pecan-y amazingness!

tijuana (po' man meals) — December 20, 2012 at 7:23 pm

the butter pecan on the top put it over the edge for me. my fav icecream AND dessert? you’re trying to kill me. i guess we were thinking alike today. i just posted nutella hazelnut bars on my blog today. i think nutella should become my middle name. :)

Lisa — December 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I’m totally baking these for Christmas dinners. I have three dinners to attend Do you think it is easy enough for a novice baker to bake three of these at a time? Or too risky?

Joe Strandell — December 20, 2012 at 8:35 pm

LOVE nutella

I love your blog! So many great articles… I thought you might like to know that http://www.dentist.net is offering 10% off their products with the code ORALCARE :)  Happy holidays!

Liz — December 20, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Whoa, does this look like one amazing pie! It’s been way too long since I’ve made a pecan pie…and you’ve inspired me :)

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I only recently had pecan pie for the first time. I must have it with Nutella now!

Patricia | The Answer Is Cake — December 29, 2012 at 2:00 am

This may be sacrilegious to mention but I’ve never been a big fan of pecan pie. I think I’ve had too many dry, flavorless, commercially produced versions – but for the first time ever I’m looking at this pecan pie thinking – yes yes YES. This looks fantastic. You may have just rescued pecan pie for me!